FIBARO RGBW (FGRGBWM-441) as separate R,G,B,W child devices?

I'm only a few days in with my new C-8 Pro, but this Fibaro RGBW device is causing me some concern.
I'm used to managing the 4 channels independantly but neither the built in or the community drivers do this. It's something I need, because this lighting is split in my kitchen with the white channel running under cabinet, and the RGB channels running above the cabinets. The Vera that I'm trying to run away from gave me a parent and 4 child devices, so I could run effects, or control each channel separately, so it never occurred to me that Hubitat wouldn't be capable of properly managing what should be a top of the line device, despite it being a few years old.

Among other things, the built in driver seems to have a problem with receiving status back, and the community driver turns off the white channel when setting a color. I also can't get the control I want via the dashboard, as again setting a color seems to turn off the white.

I really don't care about the fun effects like storm, fade and the police flashy thing it can do if I can't keep the kitchen counter lit at the same time as changing the RGB. I also really have no need to be able to pick a hue from a 16M shade color wheel. I can figure out a few automations to get what I want with some time based automations, if I can get access to separate child devices.

The built-in driver has the ability to break out the white channel as a child device. Is that something that could be done for all 4 channels independantly so that a change to RGB doesn't cause any change on W?

Thanks, I gave the zooz driver a try but get the same thing. If the white device is on, then setting any RGB turns off the white. If I go in the white device and turn it back on, it turns off the RGB.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure what "in situ" means... but changing drivers, do it all the time, have been since day one.
When did it become not recommended? :thinking:

I've definitely gotten a little carried away with driver changes in the past, so I agree it can get things somewhat messy.
But usually a quick change to the Device driver, clear/reset everything and it's all good for my next adventure.

1 Like

Whether I do it on the fly or not doesn't have much bearing if I can't find or create a device handler that will leave the white channel alone when changing RGB...