Fibaro RGBW controller (Hubitat beta driver)

I use one of these as well and can't get it to remember which color was last set when it's turned on by a rule. So for now, it always comes on red.

I had some issues with mine but I remove and re joined mine so it picked this driver and installed it first time and so far things have been much better.

Did that solve the issue whereby if you have used an effect, and then you turn the device on it turns on on that effect regardless of whether the last things shown was a normal colour or white?

Please explain a bit more if you could? Then I'll test

Perform this test:

1. Turn on
  2. Set effect to police
  3. Turn off
  4. Turn on (the device should turn on to the police effect - as you would expect)
  5. Set device to any single colour or white
  6. Turn off
  7. Turn on (this is the problem - it should turn on to the last colour that you used... but it instead turns on to the police effect)

Nope it worked correctly :+1:

Also, does your device in Hubitat always show the correct status (on / off)?

In that case there must be some configuration the driver is doing after pairing, that it is not doing when you hit โ€œconfigureโ€ - or something like that. Itโ€™s not really practical for me to unpair and repair because all these devices are built on to my house so the rgbw units are hard to get to and it would mean editing loads of RM rules. Possible - but a huge inconvenience for something that can be fixed through the driver.

So I think there are 3 things that need addressing with this driver:

1. The turning on to effect issue (if @BorrisTheCat is right this only affects people who upgraded from the beta driver to the new driver)

2. On / off status not always correct

3. Currently no power reporting (watts) in this driver

This is my reason for removing and repairing because before it was flakey but it's been fine since.

This was the case for me when going from the custom driver to the beta, Mike said that it does some configuration that can only be done at that point. So that's why I tried it again when I had the issues, I also did some factory resets after removing it for good measure.

New to all this in rm how do I send a effect command I need police to flash when there is smoke detect or water leak o I have the advanced driver. Would love to be able to change the colors on the effects. Do I do that in the driver. And can I add more effects

No none of that is possible the effects are built in and fixed.

You need to look for custom commands, it will show you want number does what on the driver page.

@mike.maxwell - a few requests for this driver:

Is it possible to implement start and stop level change for this driver? and if so can Hubitat add it?

also - what happened to the other items:

Possibly on the latest device version, but not the original.

RGBW controller 2? I thought that's what the built in driver was for?

The latest one is smartstart enabled, the driver was not written for this specific device.

I'm using the original - maybe this is why yours doesnt have the same state issues mine had!

yeah it says it is, but i updated mine to the latest using their hub and when i joined it it didn't pop up with S2?

I'm having them issues now with the C7, it doesn't work correctly at at all currently.

I'm still having an issue with this driver and the original Fibaro RGBW. This driver does not correctly register on/off events and so gets out of sync to what is going on. If I switch to the Generic zwave RGBWW driver it actually works perfectly - however, it doesn't have the additional functionality of the effects. I understand that this is not a priority for you, but could you please release the code on the public github so that I can have a go fixing it - as its just on/off I think I could probably do it

1 Like