Fibaro RGBW Controller dropped from Google Home?

I've got one of these devices in my kitchen, which has been running an RGB strip over the cabinets, and a warm white strip to light the kitchen counter for a few years now. On my previous conroller (Vera) I had access to each channel individually, making it really easy to set up two distinct lighting zones.

I've mostly got that working using the built-in driver, except the device itself gives me The following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Fibaro RGBW Controller]

The odd thing is, the white channel child device does make it to Google Home.
Why?

The built in driver also does not work properly at all with the Room Lighting app. It completely ignores the color setting, and just winds up blinking the white, seemingly turning it on, and immediately off again.

None of it does anything on a Dashboard tile. The best I could get was a dimmer for white. There's no states set at all for RGB from what I can tell.

Voice controlled RGB lighting and effects is a huge show-off bonus when people are over and you want to showcase what's possible with these setups, so it's really a let down that my fancy new hub can't do pretty much the only thing my old Vera was still able to do semi-reliably.

A bit more background:
Following a few suggestions, I've tried the Zooz RGBW driver, and a Fibaro community driver. Each of those make the RGB and white mutually exclusive, so any RGB turns off the white, and white turns off RGB. This makes some sense if the assumption was that you only ever use an RGBW strip, and never an RGB +W setup. Since they "break" my use case, I put them aside.

At least the built in driver only has 1/2 of the same problem where if I set white before I set RGB, the white goes out. The inverse (set RGB first, then white) leaves everything where I set it. Any change thereafter to RGB has to be accompanied by setting white again, or it ends up shutting off.