Fibaro Module Firmware Version - How to find it?

I'm mainly using Fibaro devices for my Z wave network. I'm aware of the issues of firmware updates for these modules (the need to exclude, include on a Fibaro Home Center, update, then exclude and re include on HE). Fibaro have just released their latest Home Center 3 Lite and the price of the existing Home Center Lite has come down to £50. I was thinking it might be worth me getting one to do updates as required. My question is - is there any way of reading the current firmware version of the module while it's still hooked up to Hubitat? As it will be time consuming, I only want to exclude devices that are not on the most up to date Fibaro version. I do have a Z stick and the Silicon Labs Z Wave Tools and wondered if that will read it.

1 Like

Thanks. I already had that installed actually, but I'm not sure what it is displaying. For instance the latest Fibaro Dimmer 2 firmware is 3.5. When I've changed the driver for two of them to the Basic Z Wave Tool and used "Get Version Report" I get this:

Version Report - FirmwareVersion: 3.04, ProtocolVersion: 4.05, HardwareVersion: 2

On another it returns FirmwareVersion: 3.05. I can only assume that they are actually firmware versions 3.4 and 3.5 and that the zero is not significant in this case as version 3.5 has been available since October 2017 and the module saying 3.0.5 is brand new.

Same here.

The rule if it ain't broke applies here when it comes to Fibaro from my experience and there is no way to downgrade

1 Like

I have on a couple of occasions mentioned to the Hubitat staff that, according to a statement I found, Fibaro is willing to work with hub vendors and supply firmware to them. There has not been any response to this.. Of course it would be optimal if we could just update from HE. At some point I will update to C7, which may mean that my old firmware power plugs and other devices will be useless..

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. It's mainly that I'd like t get them to the Dimmer 2's all on 3.5 which is the latest. I'd like to think that would ensure they all work the same given they are using a third party driver (not sure which version of firmware the Fibaro Dimmer 2 Driver was based on) I've bought a few second hand and one that turned up the other day is on a very old version 3.2 to my dismay.