Fibaro FGS-223

thanks for your replies but frankly I tried bringing the hub right next to the Fibaro FGS223 but still nothing. And I tried with 2 of the FGS223 and still same. I managed to tranafer 50+ devices successfully but frankly all Fibaro devices gave lots of hard time and the FGS223 in particular never worked. Aeotec were way more smoother to migrate

Ton

2 Likes

Try and reset the module. I this problem and with patience I managed to resest the fibaro module and then paired with HE without an issue

1 Like

If you exclude Fibaro, you need to wait a while as the device resets(?). Wait until the green LED comes on for 3 or so seconds, and then you can start inclusion.

Took me some gray hair too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am fighting my Z-wave mesh.
I have a bout 30 Z-wave devices and most of them are FGS-223.
It seems that every time I am running a scene involving many devices (good night for example) turnning all lights off, My Z-wave gets too busy and performance is below accepted.
I was thinking maybe I should look for a way to reduce trafic by not reporting power meter from the devices as I do not realy care about this functionality.
Is there an easy way to make the devices stop reporting power consumption?

1 Like

Try to add them in unsecure mode if possible. They should respond much faster.

1 Like

They are already in “no security” mode.
Looking at the log files I see power reports and I wish I could easily remove them and make it easier for the Z-wave net

1 Like

How can i update the fibaro driver ???

I struggled for several months with Fibaro devices which was very frustrating and finally I said to myself: enough. Fibaro devices do not work stably with Hubitat, in key places I have simply replaced them with others.

2 Likes

You can't do this in Hubitat. You must have a Fibaro hub or send the devices to the manufacturer, there is no other way

1 Like

After choosing the driver, did you click on ‘Configure’?
This should do the job

1 Like

Yes, i did this, now it's working.
But I'm not having control of logs on the childs devices.

Can anyone using this device with a standard toggle switch (not momentary) confirm the operation of the switching. The Fibaro manual states "Open = Off, Closed = On" which would be the standard desired operation. However the preference panel in the erocm123 driver shows it as "Open = On, Closed = Off" which would be no good for my application. Thanks.

@johnwill1 I can confirm this. With toggle switch 'Open=OFF' and 'Close=ON'.

@Harjuipa Perfect, thanks. It must just be a mistake in the device preference panel text within the driver.

I am running the latest version of this driver and I am having issues manually controlling from hubitat. The device reports correctly on the first channel, but the second channel reports the opposite. When the second is on the driver shows off and vice versa. When I try to manually change either channel the device does not respond. If I try a childReset or childRefresh I receive: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 675.

Can anyone confirm this?

Mine reports correctly for both channels. While I was messing around with one of my devices yesterday I got that same message in the logs when I clicked childReset/childRefresh. I'm not sure of the cause. As it happens my device had a hardware fault. I couldn't get the second output to switch off and when I powered it down I found Q2 was permanently connected to L so the relay has stuck.

It's a pain but I'd maybe try excluding the device and including it again. I swapped out my faulty device a few hours ago and once I'd altered the switching in the preferences, saved and hit configure - both channels were working and reporting correctly when switched, both manually and from the preference panel for the two child devices. I have two on v3.3 and one on v3.2 firmware.

Thanks, it needed to be removed and reset.

1 Like

How do I stop the "spammy" power reports? I switched what I thought the relevant parameters were to 0 (disabled) as I don't use or need the power reports. This morning I got a warning on the HE homepage and when I've looked the three Double Switch 2 devices are sending events several times a second! (these appear in the device events, but not in the log)

Resolved at

1 Like