Fibaro FGK-10x Door/Window sensor question

@mike.maxwell
I've been using the built in driver for Fibaro Door/Window sensor, FGK-10x, for the last couple of months and they've been reporting both the Contact action and temperature, as expected but recently they've NOT reported Contact action JUST temperature.
I'm hoping you can shed some light on how to read the State variable " lastBatteryReport" which is being displayed as : 1532844291862
When I attempt to "save" or use the "Configure" button in the driver they appear to never wake up.

Could it be battery voltage ?
I've setup a tile using the Attribute/Battery and it shows 100% but this may just be an error as I'm unsure whether battery level is actually returned by this driver.

Any idea as to what's going on ?

Log looks like this...

Enable debug logging and then open/close the sensor a couple of times and post the log result.

Which driver are you using?

Like I said in OP, using the inbuilt driver and the log I posted is what was reported even when opened and closed. Temps are reported but open and closed, are not.
They’ve been working great for about 3 months but stopped reporting open and closing about 2 weeks ago.
Oh and 1 of the sensor is about 7m, line of sight, across an open room from the Hub.

Yesterday I loaded up the latest firmware and issue remained.

Which built-in driver? The generic door/window sensor or the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2. The Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 is model FGDW-002 and I believe FGK-10x is the older model which is why I asked.

It will most likely log additional information when you open/close the sensor if you enable debug logging before testing it. Debug logging usually turns off automatically after 30 minutes...

Using built in Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 driver which I understood to also support the original Fibaro Door/Window Sensor.
I could be wrong of course :woozy_face:
Like I said they’ve been working great using this sensor so I assumed it was OK.

Text logging has always been On and it was that Open and Closed is now, not being reported, that alerted me to this issue.
Previously I would “see”. Roof window - Open and Roof Window - Closed in the logs, now all I see is the temperature changes.

I’ll turn FULL logging ON now and I’ll report back when I get home.
Cheers

Ok so in summary my Fibaro Contact sensor stopped reporting Open and Closed states but continued to report temperatures.
I'm not sure what led me to try this but I decided to try turning the Z-Wave status OFF, waited a couple of minutes and then turned it ON again.
Something changed.
The sensor started reporting Open and Closed BUT they were the opposite than normal. When the Magnet was close it reported as OPEN.
Toggling the setting in the driver did not change anything.
The Logs however did show some pending changes "next time it wakes up" so I tried to get it to wake up.
Through trial and error the only way I could get this to work was to set BOTH the Tamper fields in the driver to Disabled.
Finally now pressing the TMP button caused the sensor to wake up and get updated and normal operation has been restored.
I find this very weird. What the heck caused it to flip out ?

Note: those weird parameters

• lastBatteryReport : 1532844291862
  • lastCheckinTime : 1532844281007
    remain and I think they might be left over from when I was initially using the "JJ's Fibaro FGK-10x ZW5" driver for this sensor, Before finding out that the built in Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 driver, should be working.

Am I correct in thinking that the only way to clear the driver of these weird parameters, for this device, is to exclude the contact sensor and include it again ??
I did try loading the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver, saving and then reloading the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 driver but those weird parameters came back. :frowning:

They're just state variables so they can't cause any problems...

Ok, thanks.
There was some weird shit going on and I'll be monitoring it now.

Those are timestamps in Epoch. That particular one converts into:
GMT: Sunday, February 10, 2019 3:50:01 AM

1 Like

Ah, Ok, so it kind of makes sense. :slight_smile:
Thanks.

I cannot get temp or contact data on my FGK-104. Anyone found a working driver?

Same here, using default Fibaro Door contact 2

I'm have 5 of these in service. All is working well with the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 driver

Yep, just like @waynespringer79, I've got 3 of them running the same built in HE driver. :+1:

I will say, check the battery because even with a flat battery these little guys will happily flash the LED but not have enough juice to power up the transmitter.