Fibaro 6 button keyfob

I have made some progress with this and have it pretty much working.

If you feel like trying it that would be great and if it works OK i'll tidy up the code (lots of debug logging) and post it in the Code Share thread.

I had to work around a couple of issues:-

• I had to force it to use securityMessagingEncapsulation.

• Checking the preference - Protection State ('Unprotected' or 'Protection by sequence') during the sync check was returning notSynced if set to Unprotected. So now the code just checks that it has been set.

Hey this is fantastic news. Besides my nest cameras this is the last device needing integration. I doubt any integration with nest cams will be very useful.

I killed they battery on on my fob in my previous testing. As soon as another arrives I will gladly give this driver a run. I really like this little thing - although like many reviews Ive seen I shredded the back plate getting the battery out. Wish it were a little tougher.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I just gave it a shot.

Still getting this error.
:errorCannot get property 'value' on null object on line 165.

Can you describe your settings and sequence for pairing?

That error is strange. Not had that here.

My best guess is that the parameter map has not been set up correctly.
It is set up by the initialize() method on first install.

Try the following it may work.

Try uncommenting line 46 of the code
//command "installed"
and save.

Refresh the keyfob's device page and a new button should appear named installed.
Click it and maybe that will rerun the initialize() method.

Worth a try.
If it works re comment line 46

If that doesn't work you may have to exclude the keyfob from hubitat. Factory reset the fob then add the fob back as a new device.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Stayed up another hour and got it working. Seems it had to do with 1. Not having empty fields. and 2. Having values that the fob wouldnt reject during the sync process. Took a few tries but everything paired up and worked.

thank you for all your help on this!!!

1 Like

@mike.maxwell @bravenel

Just wanted to confirm this driver supports this device. If so how are all the buttons mapped? Does this driver support all 30 "buttons" of this device. Or is is setup for push, held and released?

Pushed held and released on all 6 buttons

I just got my fibaro keyfob. Is still only working for push, held and release? I understand that the device itself supports 30 actions (4 for each button) but with the push, held and release would only be 18 actions.

Yes, those are the only actions supported

The code @Inpier posted above worked for me for a long time to support the full capability of this fob. Which is far greater than what is exposed in the hubitat driver.

I dont think @mike.maxwell will do anything with all the the other capabilities as they dont mesh well with the hubitat button implementation. Just my thoughts.

hey @cwwilson08 great, looks like with this driver the fibaro keyfob will offer multiple options but I am not sure I understand them all or how to use them. Is there anywhere that they are explained?? do I need an specific app to use it ??

I just got mine too, in 3 weeks the battery lost 23%. I read other comments about poor battery life. I think I'm going to return mine and get another 4 button Iris fob, which has much much better battery life and almost as many buttons, or at least all the buttons I need.
The fibaro is very sleek & sexy looking, but don't like the random button icons, nor the crappy battery life, back it went. 40 bucks! sheesh

@bcopeland or @mike.maxwell is there any chance the built in driver for this device can be revisited? This device is capable of a lot more.

:eyes:

Can you give me a summary of what it’s missing?

Each button press responds to an option of 1, 2 or 3 clicks and holding a button down. That’s a total of up to 24 possibilities

I also believe you can map an additional 6 sequence nces of buttons to commands.

Also ability to enter a security pin to avoid unwanted use.

Has anyone tried this user code lately? It used to work well. I may attempt to get it working again if @bcopeland does not decide its worth a rewrite.

I have it in hand.. I’ll see what I can do.. I must warn though that I believe in strict adherence to documented capabilities.. So I may only be able to add double tap and possibly lock code features that were mentioned..

Hey what more can you hope for. The driver in the original post did something out of norm. Mapped the triple taps to just be another button number.

I look forward to what you come up with.

Is there any update on this. I currently have the keyfob working using the inbuilt Generic Z-Wave Button Controller which is fine for my purpose except I really would like the lock feature.
Many thanks in advance