FGBS-222 Smart Implant and Digi Outputs from Alarm Control Panel

Hello

I have connected the inputs to the FGBS-222 Fibaro Smart Implant to digi output 7 and 8 on my intruder alarm system. These are switched negative 0v outputs used by the alarm receiving center (Digi 1,2,3 being fire, hold up alarm and intruder respectively)

Output 7 and 8 I have connected to the inputs on the FGBS-222 as I want the Rule Machine to turn on the Hue bulbs to red during the entry time if its dark outside and then to green for 5 seconds after successful disarming of the alarm system and then bring the bulbs up downstairs to full brightness.

Problems

1. The logic in the rule machine executes perfectly
  2. The lights turn red, when the rule is run, then green and then finally as expected bring up the Hue bulbs to full brightness when it is dark

No problems there...

The contact state on the FGBS-222 never goes open. All I see in the Hubitat is Contact: CLOSED

I need this to switch to open when the digi output has triggered input1 on the FGBS-222 and my rule will work automatically.

It seems that the FGBS-222 is not receiving the right trigger.

They are both set to Normally Closed Alarm Input. The digi output is normally closed too. Its a 0v negative applied output

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as the ultimate goal is described in the intro with the use of Input 2 when the alarm system is full alarm to just turn the bulbs red inside the house to scare an intruder with a visual effect as well as 120db of pure get the hell out of my home siren power.

Thanks

Martin.

I have a smart implant but I dont use the outputs but I tried them setting a rule to turn on a light if input has motion detected and it works for me

1 Like

Doesn't work on the c7. Search recent posts =p

Thanks I have c5 Platform Hardware, does it not work on this model too?

Thanks,
M.

Thankyou for your reply.

I'm not using the outputs either. I'm trying to read the input and trigger Rule Machine based on the state of the Input for example when the dry contact from the alarm goes open, the contact opens on the Fibaro which is seen by the Hubitat and then Rule Machine will trigger the rule to execute the turning on Hue Bulbs.

aha... ok. but I have my implant to read my garageport and doors alarmsensors with the Smart implant and when anyone of them triggers the light in the garage turns on. So for me it works,,,

1 Like

I have a couple of Smart Implants installed and working where I use the inputs to detect binary voltage states from other devices, so they should work for you. I've been using these drivers:

1 Like

Many thanks Jason.

I will give this driver a go and see if that helps. I'm currently using the driver supplied with platform release 2.2.3.148. I will also check the input cables from the alarm control panel just in case.... But thanks very much for reading my post and replying, much appreciated.

Thanks very much for your replies on this. Appreciated.

No problem at all. Definitely come back to let me know if it still doesn't work. I'm happy to give more details and/or do some testing for you.

ps. I actually do something like what you're doing, but I have a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor connected to my home's alarm system to monitor the armed state and alarm state. I bought the UBS before the Smart Implant was released. I currently have a Smart Implant connected to a rain sensor, and another one as hack to get my central vacuum working again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.