Fell at the second hurdle

Hi. I bought the hubitat with the hope of focussing on Zigbee/Z-wave as my preferred standard for home control rather than wifi and other techs. Sadly, I've fallen at the second hurdle. I have these installed and working with the "Smart Life" App:

[so I learn I can't include links in posts - why not?]

It's MOES Tuya ZTRV-BY-100-WH-MS

They're working fine. I have Hubitat up and running, and I successfully paired one of the TRVs with Hubitat, but that's it - no way to control it or import control schemes. I did try before that to look for it by brand or device type, but guess Moes/Tuya/this model isn't in the default database (I guess this is common for a lot of devices?).

I vies a few vids saying just google for the make and model and hubitat and it should take you to driver files, but it just seemed to take me to long confusing threads discussing really technical stuff.

I couldn't figure out any intuitive way to download or set-up controls. I did add a dashbord, but that made no difference. I would guess the device inputs/outputs boolean and a analogue data and you would match this to control types, but just couldn't figure out how to do this in the GUI (not intuitively anyway). :person_shrugging:

Help would be appreciated.

If you click on the Devices page you should see a link to the officially supported list of Devices:

Separate to that, you can search or post here on the Community (like you have) to find out if others have developed a driver for your device.

In terms of the long technical stuff, that is likely the installation of drivers. If you post on those topics asking for help installing those drivers, most developers are more than happy to help you through the steps to install their code.

In terms of posting links, that is likely just a timing thing where you can only do that once you have been around for a period of time or posted so many times. If you want to post a link the Support team should be able to sort that out for you.

2 Likes

Maybe this driver will help?

2 Likes

Hi @user4255 , welcome to Hubitat community forum!

Please check what is your BRT-100 manufacturer - this can be seen on the Data section at the bottom of the device web page.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 40
  • lastRunningMode: heat
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_b6wax7g0
  • model: TS0601

If your device manufacturer is _TZE200_b6wax7g0, then the TRV is supported in the driver that @tivomaniac posted above.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Spam protection.
You need to go to Hub owners - Hubitat , join the group and then you'll be able to post pics/screenshots/links.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.