[FEEDBACK] Easy Dashboard feature request and feedback

I would like to ditch Sharp tools and use Easy Dashboard exclusively but there a feature I need to do so. Currently I use my dashboard like everyone else, but I also use the options for alerting if a condition exists. For example, if one of my temperature sensors go above or below a certain parameter the tile will turn red and pulsate to get my attention. This has really been useful to me, and I would love to see the Easy dashboard have that ability in the future.

2 Likes

Using a variable is probably the best way to achieve that in the future, however you could achieve it now by using a virtual switch and a Basic Rules rule. The only problem is turning the tile red, as custom background based on state is not currently supported.

1 Like

I don’t know if it would work, but since lock tiles are green when closed and red when open could a virtue lock device work?

1 Like

I find the pulsating/shaking etcetera a really nice SharpTools feature too. Kind of hard to miss even when it's just in your peripheral vision.

3 Likes

07/21/2024 Update:

As with the lock icons seemingly updated, I am now seeing the vertical room links. As I posted elsewhere I don't know if HE pushed an app update overnight or my app didn't self-update until last night.

However, since they still don't scroll I still can't see the links to all of my rooms. Also, I got that bug back that when I tap the last room back arrow <- that message Reconnecting, Hub connection failed, trying to reconnect message and then the Reconnected was successful message appears and it doesn't take me to the last dashboard.

Original Post

.162 a step forward, a step back.

I like that Hubitat is trying out having the room links to be vertical in an effort to solve the problem of them not scrolling, and therefore not practical on an iPhone. However, I have 1 small issue with that and 1 very major issue:

First the small issue. The rooms are alphabetical, but in reverse order, which means the first letter alphabetically is closest to the nav button, which is at the bottom left corner. That makes the top one last alphabetically. I think the best solution would be to allow us to have 3 choices: Alphabetical, Reverse Alphabetical or Manual where we could drag and drop them into place (or use the navigation type buttons that exist now for tile placement).

Here is the major issue: The nav button is gone again, at least on my iPhone (iPhone X running iOS 16.7.8). All I have is the back arrow <-, so the result is that I don't have the Home icon or any links at all.

I have an Ultraloq Pro Z-Wave lock. In .158 when locked the icon was green and red when unlocked, which seemed to be the overwhelming consensus of how it should be.

Now in .162 when it is locked it just shows as gray and when unlocked the icon turns green.

1 Like

Can we please get the garage door tile to match the lock tile, in terms of the icon direction and color?

Maybe they pushed an update to the app overnight (or it just took that long for my app to self-update) but I now have green for locked and red for unlocked again. Yea! However, touching the main icon doesn't lock/unlock the door anymore. So I hope that gets changed back to how it was.