[FEEDBACK] Allow style customization of tiles

Welllll great, looks like I'm going back down the dashboard design rabbit hole. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does CSS still work?

Not with Easy Dashboard. Maybe someday, but I wouldn't be surprised if never. It is Easy Dashboard, after all.

5 Likes

There are currently no plans to replicate the highly customization features that Hubitat Dashboard offers, since the Easy Dashboard is not a replacement of existing dashboard, but rather an addition that brings easy-to-use multi-functional tiles at the fingertips of those who would like a capable dashboard, but don't want to spend time customizing it, as much.

7 Likes

I hope someday that the idea to keep it simple changes as the new look and feel of the EZ dashboard IMHO seems so much better.

My impression is that the intent is to keep it simple so that it remains true to its name of EZ. In the same way, there is Rule Manager, Simple Automation Rules, & Basic Rules. EZ Dashboards looks to make dashboards that look like Apple's or Google Home's that are simple but work well. If you want to get into CSS, fancy icons, changing fonts, etc, then the original Hubitat Dashboard is the way to go. They aren't done making improvements but there will be a limit of how far that they will go with EZ Dashboard. Of course, that it just one man's opinion....

2 Likes

I get what you are saying. My main point was the esthetics, IMHO, are better, and, of course, that is a matter of taste. But I think there is wide support for people wanting the classic dashboard to have drag and drop tiles instead of, or in addition too, the way it is now. I also like having links to other dashboards via the navigation button that saves me from having to go back to my main dashboard first. So I hope they bring those things to the classic one too.

They do now :slight_smile:

The drag and drop in the classic dashboard doesn't seem to be working very well. Here is my staring position:

I then dragged one switch to a new position:

But I cannot drag it back to where it came from. I have to use the old positioning method to get it back to where it started from.

I also could not drop it between 2 existing tiles either from its starting position or from where I dropped it to.

I believe there are some teething issues at the moment, but it is being worked on. Probably worth capturing any issues you are having either on one of the existing topics relating to this, or one a new one for your specific issues, so it get's visibility outside of this conversation about styling on EZ Dashboards.

1 Like

I started a new topic as I didn't see a new one when I searched for "Classic Dashboard drag"

2 Likes

For better results try searching for Hubitat Dasboard instead of classic. That's the name of the app. Also there is a category for it. I moved your thread in that subcategory.

1 Like

Thanks