Feature request: MakerAPI enabled

I love that you can now enable HomeKit, Hub Mesh and add to specific Dashboards directly from the device page. Could you also add Maker API enabled ? That is something that I have to do systematically every time I add a new device, and it would be great if I didn’t have to go select the device in MakerAPI each time.

Thanks

7 Likes

To which Maker API instance?

(the ability to have multiple MakerAPI instances where one can sandbox access by a given service to a specific selection of devices via a separate token is critical)

3 Likes

The dashboard option is a drop-down list allowing selection of multiple dashboards, I expect this would need to offer the same multi-select option.

4 Likes

I was totally unaware that you could have more than one MakerAPI instance (even looking at it now that I know it, it is not at all obvious how one would create multiple instances). All of my devices are in the one MakerAPI I have. But as you pointed out, Dashboards are a drop-down, so I guess it could be done for MakerAPI too.

As for « developers have thought and decided against it », the ability to enable devices to HomeKit and Dashboards through the device page is a very recent addition (2.3.7.x), so my guess is they are just starting to do such things.

For Amazon Echo, I guess it could be useful too, but I don’t use it much at all as I try to keep everything as local as possible.

1 Like

I have multiple Maker API instances on each of my 3 hubs (one instance for Node-RED and one instance for Home Assistant on each hub), and I would definitely use the ability to add devices to the Maker API app(s) from the device page if it were available.

So +1 to the feature request from me.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.