Feature Request: Highlight unused Conditions

It would be helpful, especially in complex scenarios, to see at a glance any conditions that are not in use. This would help in "cleanup".

So instead of this:

We see this:

This shows that one of the conditions is not being used. A bonus might be to have a button that removes all unused conditions in a couple clicks.

9 Likes

What might be the unintended consequences? Would this be a per-rule item. If so, then it is good. If it would be global, then it might be that the condition not used in one rule would be essential in another. That would be bad.

1 Like

Are there global conditions? I thought conditions were tied only to the rule they appear in.

2 Likes

I'm not sure. It was probably global variables, now called hub variables, that I was thinking of. In which case, it would not apply to this proposal.

"Rule Machine allows you to create local variables in each rule. These function similar to hub variables, except they are only available for use inside the specific rule where they are created. (Users of older Rule versions may recall global variables, which have effectively been replaced by hub variables and are also usable inside Rule Machine.)"

2 Likes

I second this!
And a possibility to merge accidentally created duplicate conditions. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is correct.

This will be supported in the next release:

and visible on the Manage Conditions page:

14 Likes

I like this alot. Thanks!

1 Like

Wow, Bruce, that's awesome. Thanks! :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.