Feature Request for Custom Action

Hi,

I have a rule that sets the max volume on a music device. The rule works fine but there are two things I would like to see Rule Machine do differently.

First, I would like a parameter passed to the Custom Action to be able to be based on a Global Variable. I want to the max volume to be able to change based on the current mode. I have a Global Variable that is changed based on mode, and I can perform logic using the to determine whether to run an action or not based on that Global Variable. That all works fine. But then I want to actually set the volume to the value of the Global Variable, and I can't because I can't do that within a Custom Action. I can work around that, but it would be cleaner if I could just pass the value of the Global Variable as a parameter in the Custom Action.

Second, I would like to be able to edit the Custom Action. As it is, the editing screen doesn't allow you to remove or change parameters that are passed to the Custom Action. So if I want to change the Custom Action, I have to delete the action and recreate it. Most other actions I've worked with in Rule Machine 3.0 work great for editing, but Custom Action does not.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with both your points!

This is available now. When setting up the Custom Action, you can put a variable in for the value of a parameter using % var-name %.

As for editing the parameters of a Custom Action, I will put that on the to-do list.