[Feature Request] Doorbell Driver Capability

I've got a Unifi Access integration working for Doorbell support, and was surprised that there isn't a driver capability defined for this. Any chance we could get a capability defined for doorbells?

Ideally it'd include something like:
(enum) Status [Ringing, Timed Out, Admin Cancelled, Admin Accepted, Visitor Cancelled, Normal]
(command) Cancel Ringing
(image) View from device upon notification (if supported --- unifi supports this)
(video) Live view from device (if supported --- unifi does support this)

But I'd settle for (bool) Ringing true/false :slight_smile: Basically just using this to fire chime events with other devices (and send Slack notifications) when someone rings our doorbells.

Is there a significant difference between this and a momentary switch or pushable button?

2 Likes

Agreed, I would just do it as button device and then if you want extra attributes as described you can define them yourself in a driver. Use capability "PushableButton" for the button part.

Aside from the ability to cancel the request and extra features supported by modern doorbells, not really. Everything else is just gravy.

That's currently how I'm running it. Buttons, plus doorControl and a few other odds and ends from the Unifi API.