Feature request: Dimmers can appear as Fans, Blinds can appear as Windows

The new app is great (but also struggle with the 'No Response' problem). It's actually the main reason I purchased - as a z-wave to HomeKit bridge.

However, I have z-wave 0-10V dimmers (Qubino) that control fans - it would be awesome if the app could allow them to appear as fans in HomeKit (not lights which is currently what happens).

I also have z-wave chain driven window openers (Fakro) - that opens the window, not a shade, curtain or blind. HomeKit has a Window accessory type, Hubitat does not. I have to drive them as generic window shades inside Hubitat, but would love to see them as windows in Homekit.

1 Like

Nice! I agree with the suggestion to expose it as a HK available native device.

This would tie in nicely with the discussions here
https://community.hubitat.com/t/2-3-4-141-homekit-beta-app-suggestion-c7/111951?u=h_local

And here

Tagging @gopher.ny :face_with_peeking_eye::wink::+1:t3:

For "no response", try turning on Restart hourly toggle in the Advanced section of the Homekit integration (beta) app.

I'll check the window accessory type (as opposed to window covering) support. They look the same, just need to figure a way to switch between the two.

The window is considered to be a security device (window covering is not). Exposing a window shade as a window will break a certification requirement.

2 Likes

Dang, but that makes sense...

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.