Feature request: add option to prepend or append sound files to TTS notifications and insert delays

Just like the title says.

I want to be able to use some syntax to insert a sound file into the message string, or insert a delay measured in milliseconds.

This is useful for playing a chime or alert sound to get attention so people don't miss the announcement.

Edit: this got flagged off topic. Why? It's under feature requests.

I never thought someone would be asking for that stupid bong sound that you always get on Google Home devices. Trust me...it is VERY annoying after a while.

1 Like

That's not the sound I use. I use the doorbell sound from Star Trek TNG for door alerts, the red alert sound for water leaks/fire/etc, and another generic sound for basic alerts. Sometimes I switch them up a bit. Right now, when someone walks in the front door, it plays the little Seinfeld jingle that they used when they switched scenes... Everyone started to walk in the front door like Kramer. That doesn't get old. :blush:

It also gives my whole house audio system a chance to switch over to the PA input, otherwise it does not switch fast enough and the first word doesn't play.

I know its an old thread but I second this. I'm using Raspberry Pi and my whole house audio (HTD) which has an option to detect sound on RCA that meant to be for spy assistant (Google Home/Alexa) and when I have music playing, it clips the beginning of the TTS message. It would be ideal if I can prepend it with some sort of beep or something like that, to actually get a full message.