Feature request: access to setting associations in z wave devices

I am not sure what form this could take, whether it is a port of the ST "Z Wave Tweaker" or some other means, but I think this is useful to have, especially when trying to lure over individuals with legacy devices. A recent conversation on Slickdeals highlights how some people refuse to consider HE absent such access.

You mean this?

ST doesn't provide this out of the box, either.
The current zwave tool we build doesn't have an interface for intra endpoint device associations...

Understood about ST, and I'm sure the other major consumer hubs are similar. However, things like Vera do this. Right now Vera is a bit in flux, with them recently being acquired, and this presents an opportunity to gain new customers. While there are work arounds involving older, discontinued remotes which will allow for association of wireless switches, this functionally would be welcome by some people, and if it is something that can be accomplished without much hassle, it can only help the case for HE over hubs like Vera

I am a Vera to HE convet as well and would like to see associations working. This is an important feature of Z-Wave switch function.

1 Like

It's frustrating that this is so hard to do with Z-Wave. HE support for this would be great even if it's a rudimentary, no frills option.

1 Like

I agree... this should work out of the box.