Favorite Motion Sensor?

Amen to that!

I haven't had your problem with mine but, any chance there is an outstanding firmware update from Philips for your sensors?
My routine for updating Hue devices is to use my Hue Hub/Bridge but it's also possible to update Hue devices using your Hubitat hub.

I've clicked on the update firmware button in Hubitat but I'm not sure it does anything

Check your device page, Device Details should show you the firmware version:

Hue Motion

If it's not current (6BB7) then have a look here:

1 Like

All I have is this:

Using a lot of different motion sensors in my house.
So far the new favorite are the Aqara FP1
or
The GE Jasco motion switches have 1 or 2 of those in every room.

Overall finding the best results using a combination of more than one motion sensor in each area.

2 Likes

I don't have any SML003s so can't confirm if the lack of firmware info is normal for them. Really doubt it but sounds like you've already tried the pair sensor, re-set sensor without deleting from HE, re-pair sensor dance.
But, I have had issues in the past with a Hue Smart Button that mysteriously fixed itself just by letting it sit overnight. :man_shrugging:

The only way I was able to update the firmware on my 9 in-service indoor Hues was to temporarily substitute the Hue Smart Button driver. The outdoor Hue motion updated fine in the native driver. @mike.maxwell knows about this.

1 Like

Why are you linking to dumb sensor lights? None of these are zigbee, z-wave or even wifi.. Your message looks like ad-copy

3 Likes

Agreed, smells like spam to me too!

2 Likes

Reported as such. Though I just now got curious about his other posts and they ALL smell a lot like AI responses. @bobbyD what do you think?

3 Likes

The generic user ID doesn’t help their case either.

3 Likes

Does this spell the final banishment of @rlithgow1 ? :wink: Oh... no... I see now, there must be a hidden offending post (I assume...). We have to wait a little longer.... :wink:

3 Likes

Ted Wow GIF

2 Likes

Hehe, post is gone now, and Rick wasn’t the offender…. This time! :rofl:

2 Likes

@bobbyd removed it. Was an AI bot...

1 Like

With friends like you guys, who needs enemas?

2 Likes

There are some things AI can't reproduce... :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I'm getting roasted worse than a deep fried turkey at a redneck thanksgiving.... sheesh

Addams Family Thanksgiving GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

But just like that Turkey, know that, in the end, we all appreciate your contribution... A... well considered... well... done.... well thought out ideas... those are what we appreciate... yes...

2 Likes