Fastest zigbee motion sensor?

From Costco US. :grin:

$60/2 Member Pricing

2 Likes

They are also 75 dollars cad each I can't justify that price

I just saw you put CAD. The most I’ve paid for them was $39 here in the US. I bought a few outdoor ones on clearance for $25 each.

They are cheaper at the Home Depot (at 54.99 CAD) than on Amazon.ca, but that’s still a high price… Would be nice to live in the US sometimes to get their better prices…

https://www.homedepot.ca/search?q=Hue%20motion#!q=Hue%20motion

Agreed

Yup, sucks to be us. :wink:

You can sometimes (rarely) find the Hue indoors on sale for as little as $35ish ($15!! once) and the outdoors for $45ish. It's been a while...
You can also subscribe to the Canada section to get a notification if someone finds/posts any deals.

PS Welcome to the community!

4 Likes

Thank you I'll do just that

2 Likes

I just checked and the interval from active to inactive is 35 seconds. There are no adjustments for this interval.

1 Like

That is actually pretty quick

My NYCE ones are fantastic

I've always had good luck with Third Reality sensors. The motion sensors I mount with Command strips.

2 Likes

I have a new love for Third Reality Motion Sensors they are just as quick as Aqara and more reliable.

1 Like

Need them to go on sale!

THREE AAA batteries? Must be kind of large? And with 3, how is the battery life still relatively short?

1 Like

It still quite small. It is nice to be able to replace it with easy to find/buy batteries. There are smaller options if the size is an issue. Also 3 AAA batteries last a long time; that matters.

I agree but their own page says 8-12 months? Which is shorter than MOST it seems…

2 Likes

Well, that's longer than the SmartThings 2015 motion sensor on a CR2032 battery; I used to regularly get about 5 months...until it just stopped working.

But my Iris v2 motion sensors get almost 2 years on a single CR2 battery. They are my favorite and I'm so sad they are no longer available.

1 Like

Iris v2 FTW...so sad they aren't made any more.

But...you can get lucky once in a while and find v2 or (more likely) v3 on eBay. Just have to be very patient, persistent, and lucky. :slight_smile: I have never found anything that matches them, personally.

1 Like

I got lucky 2 years ago and bought 20 new ones for $5 each... I have spare stock NIB, and about 40 of them total.

2 Likes

Better keep your address top secret. :wink:

1 Like