Fanimation Fans

So, unfortunately the fans my SO purchased are based upon style and function and she refuses to take the smart home into account. As she puts it, its my job to make it smart after the fact.

Is there a way to make these fans smart?

They are wifi and there is a mobile app.

Right now they are hooked up to a traditional switch - which is actually somewhat annoying because if the switch needs to be "on" for me to be able to control them via the app. Can I install a Lutron fan switch? Would that help?

Or am I stuck using the Fanimation app, separate from HE to control these, and I lost out on any integration into rule machine?

Thanks in advance!

Can you replace the WiFi controller with a zigbee fan controller?

2 Likes

In order to use a Lutron switch, you will have to ensure that the Wifi controller is bypassed (or not installed at all). The power will need to go directly from the switch to the motor.

2 Likes

It appears that Fanimation “Smart” Fans work with Amazon Alexa. So, one possibility is to use virtual Hubitat devices to trigger Alexa Routines to control the fan. While not ideal, many others have done similar integrations successfully.

2 Likes

Is this what you have installed?

If yes that canopy module can be replaced with a Zigbee module:

Or if you don’t have a light and it’s just a fan remove that module completely and install a Lutron or GE fan switch.

4 Likes

Has anyone been able to bring Fanimation fans with the fanSync Wifi module into Hubitat? They now have a native cloud integration with Smartthings.