Fan/light switch alternative to inovelli

Hello guys,

I'm going to purchase a AC ceiling fan with light and I was told by inovelli that the fan/light switch may not be available for some time, so I was looking for alternatives that users are using that works. I was looking into the Lutron but it seems I would need 2 switches 1 for the fan and another for the light is that the case?

Any recommendation and if it's not to much a link to purchase. thanks

I think you may be right about Lutron. The ones I see online are fan only. Too bad, because it's a great product.

I just found this, it seems like it maybe what i'm looking for, i'm hoping someone here can confirm

It's a little Rube Goldberg but you could always install a Fan only Switch along with a Module for the light... for example a Quibino Dimmer or switch.

You'd need some room in the wall box, it might be just as easy to add the Qubino up in the fan canopy for the light if the wall box is crowded, but I've done something similar. :slight_smile:

Then buy a double gang faceplate and mount a Pico Remote within.... to control the light. Its flush mounting makes it ideal. The Pico can control the Qubino, that controls the light.

I have that Pico flush mount in every bedroom. I added Fans to each room wired to power directly. Then I inserted the Hampton Bay Fan Controller (HBFC). It's completely hidden and thus needs a remote or something. The Picos, added next to a single gang wall switch using a double gang cover is perfect. My Pico controls the HBFC, which is the dimmer for the light.

Thanks, but I just found a switch I posted probably while you were typing this up. I think that may work better. if you check it out. let me know what you think. If I have to add a canopy, I would like to find a switch that comes with it, so anything goes wrong I just need to make 1 call to 1 support to help me test everything.

Lutron says that Maestro and Caseta are not compatible.

3 Likes

That can control both a fan and light in a single gang box, but it’s not a smart device.

2 Likes

Here's a single gang smart switch that may work for your needs:

Thanks @snyderr2. I found that 1 also, but because it was wifi I wanted to stay away and try to get something zigbee or zwave, but I may go with that and just forget about having it connected to Hubitat.

@iecus I have a Inovelli Z-Wave fan light switch that I'm not using and would be glad to work something out with you. I open the package but never use it. If your interested in it email me.

2 Likes

maybe this?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-Decora-Smart-4-Speed-Fan-Controller-with-Z-Wave-Technology-ZW4SF-1BW/315508352

That's a fan controller. OP is looking for fan and light control.

It also looks like the product description is for a z-wave receptacle (aka an outlet). Presumably an error on home depot's part.

1 Like

I sent you a PM

I am using this: Zooz Zen30 Double Switch

This is a single gang Z-Wave device that has a dimmer paddle and a smaller switch that can act as a relay.

For my ceiling fans, there are 3 wires running from the electrical box to the fan (black, red, white...or 2 hots and a neutral). I have the the dimmer paddle wired into the light on the fan, and the relay switch wired to the fan. I don't adjust the speed of my ceiling fans...like never...just on or off.

I have 6 of these installed and they have been working great. Hubitat sees 2 devices...a dimmer and a switch.

2 Likes

wanted to bump this

I need two of these and still out of stock everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0846CJTRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is that what you were referring to? Seems available.

As in the Inovelli? Or the Zooz?

Do you have 2 hot and a neutral at your switch location?

Only one set of everything.

Installing new fan , was trying to above putting a double switch.