Fan issue with Alarm.com Thermo

I'm using an alarm.com smart thermostat with a user driver, from here I think:

I'm having an issue automating the fan mode.

On the device page, there's a button for Fan Circulate/Auto/On. One button each. These all work. But when I do the 'Set Thermostat Fan Mode' with the drop down menu, I get this error in the logs:

org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_erocm123_Alarm_com_Smart_Thermostat_646.setThermostatFanMode() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [circulate] (method setThermostatFanMode)

That's the same error I get if I try and make rule machine Set Thermostat Fan Mode.

I've been trying to poke around the driver code but I don't really have experience with how this is all set up.

Is it this thermostat?

have you tried it with the "Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat" driver?

It's the ADC-T2000; I tried the generic driver, but not the z-wave plus; i'll give it a shot

It is a Z-Wave Plus thermostat. Be sure to click "Configure" whenever you change drivers.

Looks like it partially works - it works for fan On and Auto, but not circulate.

I think @bcopeland handles the generic thermostat driver. Perhaps he has some insight.

Looks like it just needs to have configure() run from that error..

1 Like

Thanks to aaiyar's reminder I did run that after changing the driver. Should I reboot or anything else? I had tried the generic ZWave and nothing seemed to work, but the ZWave plus mostly works - I can live with auto/on, but circulate would be a nice to have.

The plus driver reads all the capabilities advertised by the device.. If it supports a mode it will be listed.. It also supports every mode that is currently supported in the z-wave specs.

1 Like