Fan controller does not update manual status

Fan controller does not update fan status - on/off when manually enter at the switch. GE/Jasco fan controller is the one I am referring to.

Enter it from hubitat environment will show the correct status but not from manual control at the switch. If the switch was manually set on, a refresh from its device driver page would show the correct status.

For now I have a few liner app to do a refresh every five minutes and the correct status is available for RM to take appropriate action. Without a refresh, RM will not run coz the status was off and stays off unless a refresh is done.

Thanks

PS, i think it is the same for switch using hubitat generic zwave dimmer. The unit is enerwave zw500D. I ported the Z-wave metering dimmer from smartthings to hubitat and now able to get the power level but turning on the switch manually still have the same problem with the hubitat generic zwave dimmer. I am looking into this if you have suggestion on a differnt driver please let me know.

I am cleaning up my system to lock it down coz this is where it will be unless some new device or issues and start noticing odd things.

What device? There are several fan controllers.

sorry GE/jasco one
hi!

It should be using the GE Smart Fan Controller driver.

Unfortunately that still does not narrow it down. Older models (generally not Z-Wave Plus ones) did not usually "push" the status of the switch when changed manually. Some did (not just talking GE here) by doing a "double press". I know the GE models I have (12730 if I remember correctly) do not report the manual presses. Just tried them (still have a couple of them).

1 Like

If you don't know the model #, that's ok. Look in the device details page for that device, scroll down, and see if 0x5E is listed in the inClusters.

If it is, then it is zwave plus and should report status automatically. If not, then it is non-plus and needs to be polled to update status.

Thanks, it narrows it down a lot. Not sure what I have!
So refresh is the answer for older model

• inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x26,0x27,0x70,0x56,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A

it is 0x5E for the basement

• inClusters: 0x26,0x27,0x70,0x86,0x72
    family room is NO

• inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x26,0x27,0x70,0x56,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A
    my dad room

There is only one GE Fan controller driver on the system. I would try using that one first. :slight_smile:

OK, then it should update status automatically.

1. Make sure you are using the "GE Smart Fan Control" driver
  2. Try hitting CONFIGURE on the driver details page.

Last but not least, WHERE are you looking when the status doesn't update? The device detail or a dashboard? If a dashboard, watch from the device detail page to eliminate a dashboard refresh issue being the culprit.

Thank I am doing it now

1 Like

FYI....and of the Generic Z-wave drivers are for none z-wave plus devices. All of the Smart Generic Z-wave drivers are for Z-wave plus devices. Using the wrong one will end up with some wacky behavior. But, when you join the device to the hub, it should pick the right driver for you automatically. If it didn't, grab a screenshot of the extended details from the device discovery page and they can be added to the driver so it will be automatically caught for the next person. :slight_smile:

thank you. I got the basement and dad rm on the right track now.
Not sure who bought the family room one (me or dad) but i make a small change on the app to do the refresh on the famroom fan.

thank you once again

thank you

PS
I was looking at the device page coz i know dashboard is not the one to be used for debug
thanks

1 Like

On another note, I also notice at something odd for the past three nights. The system slows to nearly impossible to get a response from it. The time I have observed is ~1am to ~4am. A reboot will clear whatever doing it.

So I am doing a test, I remove all system app, notification, motion lightning, RM, etc.. and keeps only the HSM since it has only one dummy contact. In their replacements, I install
only my apps.

If it is still slow at time ~1-4am then the next step is to remove all of my apps and reinstall only system app and see

thanks

The hub does it's maintenance functions every night around 2am.

Ooops...
thanks
I just did all that...hihi well live and learn....
you are a life saver!

1 Like