For those of us who migrated from Wink, one of the good things about it was that it had a Lutron clear connect radio and protocols built in. This also limited the opportunity to pick up the newer Lutron Fan switches and be able to use the Pico fan remotes. Most, like me, ended up picking up the GE ZWave plus fan switches. Don't get me wrong, those switches work like a charm - just don't have the fan remote!
Hubitat, Lutron Pro hub, the cheap $15 Lutron Picos & Rule Machine to the rescue
Here are two options that I played with (with support and help from the awesome community here). These should work for any other non Lutron fan switch as well as long as Hubitat is connected to them and can control them
- In the button controller, setup a five button pico with each button (from bottom to top) having these speeds: Off, Low, Medium, High, On
- On just turns the fan on - to what ever speed it was the last time
- Sharpie on the edge says Fan & there are small enough (readable ) dots to show the speed on the remote
Option 2 (Mimicking the Lutron fan pico):
- In the button controller, setup a five button pico with the top and bottom buttons to turn the fan on and off
- Center button preset to mimic favorite speed
- For the up & down buttons - use "Set Dimmers -> Adjust these dimmers -> Select the GE Fan switch -> By this amount"
For the up switch, I set the amount as 25
For the down switch, I set the amount as -25
- Sharpie on the edge says Fan
Works like a charm
Thanks to @bertabcd1234 for guiding me thru this back in the day