Fade up not working

Is this fix needed to cancel the fade?

In what app? Fade doesn't work right now in Button Controller.

I rebuilt the rule in rule machine but I dont see a way to stop the fading.

Cancel rule timers

Should the cancel go in a separate rule? Seems like if it was at the end of the fade rule it would always cancel the fade.

If a separate rule what would the trigger be? Maybe the button events generated by the dimmers being faded?

What are the circumstances under which you want to stop fading? Whatever those are, those could trigger a rule that cancels the fade. Or, could be that the one rule has a Wait for Event or Wait for Conditions, and then cancels the fade. Like this:

For example, we’re fading up over half an hour but we want to go to 100% 10 minutes in. That change to 100% could be done at the switch, Alexa or a dashboard.

If by switch, you mean the same switch you are fading, that's going to be sort of a problem since it's already on and already "dimming". You would need some other mechanism to stop the fade. You could have a Wait for dimmer level >= 99, in what I showed above. That way, if you raised its level to 100 that would stop the fade.

Wouldn’t the fade stop at 100% anyway?

With the inovelli drivers they send out button events when they’re pressed. I think I’ll make a blanket “cancel fade rule triggered by those and see what happens.

It stops wherever you told it to stop. If you're getting button events that would mean the fade should stop, just make the Wait for Event for that. The snippet I showed above.

Is it possible that this is broken in rule machine also?

No, it works as expected. But your rule is not likely to work as you might expect. Z-Wave devices do not allow 100 as a dimmer setting. 99 is the max level. Also, your fade is quite likely to start before the level is set to 30. You might want to put in a Wait for Conditions after that initial dim to 30 to wait for it be 30.

That seems to have done it.

I also created a rule using the button events that the inovelli dimmers send to cancel the timers.