Factory Reset

I know this is an old thread on the topic, but checking here and multiple 'doc' places about a 'factory' or 'full' reset of a Habitat and all say that when connecting via :8081 to the Diagnostic tool that there should be both a "soft" reset and a "full reset" but my screen only has a 'soft reset'.

Have things changed again since the updates that there is full reset available? I am selling the Habitat and won't be using it any longer and that is the reason I need to do a full factory reset and remove all of my info, registration, etc. How do I do this?

It's a C5 on latest version of firmware 2.3.0.124 - no 'full reset' in any menu... :frowning:

Yes, the Full Reset feature has been hidden, as far too many users were causing more issues to their systems by using it instead of a SoftReset.

The Full Reset is still available. I am tagging Hubitat Supportโ€™s @bobbyD who should be able to assist you.

1 Like

Great, thank you! I'll look forward to hearing from @bobbyd hopefully with instructions on how to prepare a Habitat for sale to someone else and to factory reset it for that purpose.

Hi there, please send us an email to support@hubitat.com, if you didn't already, and someone will provide further details as soon as possible.

2 Likes