Extreem slowness in Zooz ZEN16 MultiRelay

Thanks @jtp10181 I put a ZAC38 in between the ZEN16 and the HUB the devices seem to work more contisitantly and quickly. Here are the screenshots after about 5 days of the new ZAC38 being apart of the network

Do you have a recommended z wave outlet that is known to be a good repeater?

Thanks again for your help. I learned a ton about the zwave technology and how to diagnoses connection issues.

1 Like

Glad that ZAC38 did the trick. The ZEN16 picked it up and is hopping through it, exactly as planned. A lot of times you can drop in a repeater and nothing will actually use it, this is a perfect example of where it truly was needed.

Sorry I dont use any smart outlets, just plug in modules. I know some people use the Jasco/Enbrighten ones Amazon.com

You could make a new post asking about people's favorite Z-wave outlets. There is just really not much out there for smart outlets, not a lot of people have interest in them I think due to the ease of adding a smart plug module instead.

The GE/Enbrighten outlets (500-series, but S2-capable) are a solid choice - I have a couple, and have never had an issue. I can't comment on their capability as a repeater, but I expect they'd do fine. Their bottom outlet is the smart one.

The Leviton ZW15R is a nice outlet (700 series), but it needs a beta firmware from Leviton to ensure reliability. Its top outlet is the smart one. If aesthetics are important, it doesn't have any logos on its face and its LED is more subtle than GE's. Again, can't comment on its repeater capability -- it's just that none of my outlets are in a spot where they'd really pick anything up.

I have a couple of zen06 outlets and they work really well as repeaters.