Extra motion sensors - need ideas

Why do I still check eBay when I have enough sensors? Who knows, but I just got 2 new motion sensors that I can't think of anything to do with. Nothing security related or mission critical as I've got two cats that manage to get in range of most of my sensors. I currently exclusively use motion sensors for lighting. Any fun ideas?

Do they have other capabilities - I am using my Aeotect Multisensor 6 as a simple powered weather station. Have it mounted above an outside outlet in a transparent weather-proof outlet protector. Use it for illuminance detection for rules to set interior/exterior lighting.

Another idea is sprinkler activation... :grin:

1 Like

I like the illuminance idea, I haven't delved into that world at all, but these are the final version of the Lowe's Iris sensors - I dont believe they have any other capabilities.

Ah okay - if you have a driveway or a side walkway you could use it as an alert sensor.

One thing you can do is hardwire a powersupply to the battery terminals and then don't have to worry about changing batteries. It's actually very easy to do.

Lots of deer in my area, most of my security camera alerts are from deer :rage:

1 Like

It appears that device also may have a temperature sensor so you could do something with that maybe. Like have a fan turn on if temp is a certain value.

Another good suggestion, and maybe I'm being difficult but I've got my temperature stuff all figured out already! What else ya got :smile:

Think I'm running a little thin now on the ideas... sorry :grin:

I still like the automated sprinkler idea.. keep pets, critters and kids away from your good stuff. Or at least some Halloween fun or something.

I have a few centralite motion sensors which I believe are similar if not exactly the same as your Lowes model. I use them for closet light sensing/activation and temp averaging.

1 Like

I'm wondering if I could put one of my extra Iris V1 motion sensors in my mailbox and have it be in range. I'm pretty sure I'd need a repeater for that.
Or on the lid of my trashcan outside so I know when the raccoons are climbing inside.
Surprise in my trash can (video)

I do the Same thing. I got 20 iris 3326 today lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.