[Example] RL Simple motion activation with time restriction

This is a simple motion activation for my front door light if the doorbell detects motion.
I have it time restricted so it does not come on during the day.

The means to turn off Limits are optional, I have those there so it does not turn off automatically when I have the entire outdoor group on until 10PM. After 10PM it will turn off by itself after 2 minutes of no motion.

3 Likes

Excellent. Thank you.

How would you capture additional accent lights, that are dimmed, kick them up when the Front Door light comes on, and return them to their dimmed setting when the Front Door light turns off?

I have been working on this problem, and so far, find two different rules seem to be necessary.

You could possibly add them to the same RL, and then turn on the "preset off" feature. For the Preset Off "mode" you could set the dim level for the accent lights to go back to their normal setting so instead of turning off it sets them to your normal state.

It may be easier though to just create a new RM (Rule Machine) just for that task.
TRIGGER: Front Door light = On
Actions:
Capture accent lights
Set accent lights to 100%
Wait for events (front door light off)
Restore accent lights.

Here is an example where I am doing something similar, but it is for my robo vac so it can see what its doing when it runs.

1 Like