Everything is "Zipato Bulb 2" (Update: Leviton dimmer wants to be a Z-wave Repeater)

Forgive me if this has already been answered.... I'm moving 30 or so z-wave devices from ST and while pairing to Hubitat many (but not all) are automatically assigning to "Zipato Bulb 2" driver. The fingerprint is correct seems to be read correctly and it'll work once I change to the correct driver. It's not a dealbreaker, but it's a pain to do when moving so many devices. Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

That's just bizarre. I have never encountered it. Is this on a Hubitat C-7?

Tagging @bcopeland @mike.maxwell

1 Like

Yes

FYI: It only happens with z-wave, and many a few years old now. However, I believe most are z-wave plus.

what specific devices?

Damn, I knew you'd ask that. I can't remember them all (done at least 12 now), but for sure it happens with the Monoprice recessed door sensor (last one I just fixed).

More info below: Hubitat data section:

• deviceId: 8705
  • deviceType: 8226
  • firmware1Version: 10.02
  • firmwareVersion: 5.01
  • hardwareVersion: 1
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x98
  • manufacturer: 265
  • MSR: 0109-2022-2201
  • protocolVersion: 4.05
  • S2: 128
  • secureInClusters: 0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x80,0x71,0x84,0x7A
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true

ST data section before I moved it:
zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2022 model:2201 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,98 sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

Update: I found another two devices that automatically apply wrong drivers. I have two Leviton z-wave plugin lamp dimmers and Hubitat applied the "Z-wave Repeater" for both during inclusion with Hubitat. There are other devices with this same issue, but I wanted to show that it is repeatable for two identical devices when I move them from ST to Hubitat.

Are you on the latest platform (2.3.2.141?) Have you updated your z-wave stack (separate from the platform) What does your z-wave details page look like? Can you post it in it's entirety? The leviton stuff should definitely have been autodetected. I'm just wondering if there is some weird corruption going on here.

1 Like

Likely device firmware variations. If we now the make and model for the particular device, and we get the fingerprint, @bcopeland would be happy to add the fingerprints to the database, so that the next user doesn't have to go through the same ordeal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.