Events not logging

I have a few devices where the events are not logging to the Events Page. Any clues as to why?

Here is image of events page, for Switch - GD (last event in Feb)

Yet, I've turned on the switch multiple times today. (Edit: from within Hubitat)

Is this for a built in driver or custom?
I assume the switch is actually turning on and off, just not showing the events in the event log...correct?

Also tagging @Keo who seems to be having similar issues and @mike.maxwell for good measure.

Here's @Keo's thread for reference.
Custom Virtual Dimmer Switch Stopped working after hub udate

Built in driver - Fibaro switch. yes, switch is turning on/off from within Hubitat.

I assume this is zwave. Any recent changes to your mesh. A zwave repair might be worth a shot?

Regarding the repair - maybe? But the device itself is having no issues communicate with HE. The switch turns on instantly, every time.

The switch itself is new. It was installed on the day the events stopped showing up in the event page. There were some other zwave devices added that day (all - but two - are powered, including this one). All my zwave devices are powered and have no issues with communication with hub. I'll try a repair though.

Edit: all zwave but two are powered. This particular device is powered.

It's not appearing in the logs either. Weird.

Really strange. Enable debug logging and save the driver. Then hit configure and see what you get in the logs.

Enabled debug logging, which did appear in the logs, but still nothing else in the logs/event page.

Hub reboot :man_shrugging:
Remove and re-pair device :man_shrugging:
Wait for the advice of someone with more knowledge than I :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@mike.maxwell

Thoughts as to why standard driver is not logging events in the logs/events page?

Not saying this is your case, but I had a similar odd thing a couple of days ago with one switch, using my Z-Wave tool I discovered this particular switch was not on the Z-wave stick database but it was on my device list and working just fine. How that happened I have no idea but I had no logs of it, I had to use the aeon remote to exclude the switch and delete the device from the device list, HE did not asked for hard removal, then re paired normal. I know not everyone has the tools I have, but I double checked with zensys, so I suggest to look further. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. I just checked my zwave page, and it's all there. (Cant check any more, as I dont have any zwave tools/aeon remote).

@mike.maxwell

Thoughts? Stick driver not logging on events/logging page.

what's not logging what?

Fibaro switch when turned on/off (in He) not logging to logs or event page. Stock driver.

ok, can you enable debug logging in the driver, than send me a screen shot of live logging while turning on and off the device from the driver ui?

With debug turned on, the logs showed the device, along with the event page. And when I turned off debug, the events page still showed the events (open and closing).

I have this device set up as a momentary switch, but it's not functioning as a momentary switch, it stays on, until I turn it off (on the device page, after a refresh). Is there something else I need to do, apart from hit configure after setup as momentary switch? It is a fibaro switch, single, Gen 1.

Momentary for these devices refers to the type of physical switch that's attached to the device.
If you attach a momentary switch to the device and set the driver to momentary, tapping the switch will toggle the device, the on off commands from the driver ui will work as normal.
Is this not what the device is doing?