EventGhost and Hubitat

I'd like to use this as a place to capture people's creations in EventGhost to use with Hubitat (or just generally for home automation, if I'm honest).

For those unfamiliar, EventGhost is a Windows application that can be used to automate various activities on a Windows PC, which has been around for some time, though has fallen out of support (sadly). It also has some ties to platforms like Tasker, a similarly popular automation platform for Android mobile devices.

When it comes to Hubitat, for me the go to method to interact with EventGhost has been the PC Controller custom app:

In time I will list some of my own creations, including:

• My "macro's" for the lighting of my SteelSeries mousepad
  • Regular updates to my APC UPS
  • etc

Feel free to start adding to the list of uses for EG....

Reserving for my own creations....

Yeah, I played with WOL a few days ago and needed to go into the USB devices in Device Manager to make sure they would not turn it back on, which is what was happening initially, which I expect was the keyboard and/or mouse, but may have been something else.

I have a similar tale to tell where I previously used EventGhost to do some cool PC automations including showing a popup box when the door opens or a ring happens on the front door.

Last year I donated my PC to our home theater as a dedicated gaming PC and went all in on Mac for my daily desktop and dev machine. Having native Linux under the Mac hood was just too useful to not do this. I tried playing with Mac automations to mimic EG to some degree but gave up.

1 Like

I use SOL (sleep on Lan) which is a small exe that listens on spicific port for specific url calls then actions whichever bat script is linked to the url call (from external client). I used this in Vera (yet to transition to Hubitat) to tilt internal pan/tilt cameras down into privacy mode (wife doesnt like them pointing at her when home) and to tilt them up and arm when house is in away mode, plus a couple other pc based actions.

1 Like