Evening and away not working

I'm trying to turn a virtual switch on when the mode is evening and all presence indicators are away.

Here is my Mode Manager Settings

This is not working. What am I missing?

If it is already evening and the mode changes to away, the rule actions will not run as there is no trigger for it.
Change trigger to Mode Changed.
(If that is your issue)

EDIT: As @JNS has said below. You only need mode is away.

Your rule says IF (Mode is Evening AND Mode is Away). The system can only be in one mode at a time. This will always be false.

Do you only want to turn on the switch if mode changes from Evening to Away or do you want to turn on the switch every time mode changes to Away regardless of the previous mode?

I didn't know that the system can only be one mode at a time but I guess this makes sense

The switch is virtual and it triggers Away Settings to turn lights on and off randomly.

I'm trying to have it run if we are on vacation or out for the evening.

So it is possible that we are Away before the mode changes to Evening or vice versa.

Since the system can only be one mode at a time, maybe the rule machine should be...

If the time is between 4PM & 11PM and the mode is Away, then turn on the switch.
But, will this also wok if the mode is Away and the time becomes 4PM? Does this make sense?

Use 3 triggers.
Mode changed.
Certain Time = 4pm
Certain Time - 11:01pm

IF mode is away AND time is between 4pm and 11pm.
THEN
Turn On.
ELSE
Turn Off
END-IF

This shouldn't happen if you are using Mode Manager. Once all the presence sensors leave the system should change to Away mode. If you have Ignore time changes set then while in away mode it won't change modes regardless of your other settings. I would recommend you read the documentation on Mode Manager before progressing any further. If you still have questions after that we can assist you.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Mode_Manager

Also, there are a few Vacation Lighting apps/solutions in the forum. Read through these to get some ideas on how to set this up.
https://community.hubitat.com/search?q=vacation%20lighting

Thank you.
Does this look right? (sorry for being such a noob)

Looks good to me. :+1:

May I ask....what does "going out" do? Because if it is some type of departing routine, this will not accomplish that.

Going Out is a Virtual Switch that fires At Home Simulator

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.