EVA LOGIK Smart Light Dimmer Plug Compatability

Hi! I'm brand spanking new to Hubitat. Saw a couple of EVA LOGIC devices on the Hubitat compatibility list and so I hastily purchased this EVA LOGIK Smart Light Dimmer Plug (model ZW39), which I now see is in fact not on the list (eh - doh!). However, the plugs simple on/off sister-device (model ZW36) is on the list.

Before I return it, I was wondering if maybe there is in fact a way to get Hubitat to work with it. Hubitat finds it on the network. Pressing the "configure" button in the Hubitat device options causes the LED light on the plug-in to blink. Hubitat device settings "Current States" shows instant feedback of the Switch being on or off as I manually turn it on and off, however, I can't control the unit using Hubitat. I have the device selected as an EVA LOGIK Smart Plug using the Dimmer template. Using the physical button on the plug-in, I can confirm that the device works as intended with on/off and dimming. As I'm using the device driver for the more simple, on/off plug, I don't have any dimming commands to test out in.

I feel like it's so close to working. Is there maybe a generic device driver that I could use to make this work? Or would I be better off just returning it and picking something up that is 100% compatible?

Thank you kindly for any advice you can offer.

That won't be the deciding factor. You have to change the driver to something with the dimming capability. Otherwise it most likely won't work. Try the Generic Zigbee Dimmer driver. In the edit device page, go to the drop-down for type and select Generic Zigbee Dimmer. Click save and then configure. If that doesn't work, then I think it would be appropriate to return it and get a device off the supported list.

1 Like

I'm pretty sure @Ryan780 meant to type Generic Z-Wave Dimmer driver . :smile:

1 Like

Boom! Generic Z-Wave Dimmer driver worked perfectly! Yes! Thank you kindly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.