European Heating (TRV) support options?

Not always good to be an over-achiever. :wink: Not fun, glad you're still around to hang out.

3 Likes

Doing better but I'll never be 100% again.

I have tried to code again but my brain scrambles my words after a while..... so just not good for me but I really do miss it.

4 Likes

Don't feel bad... I haven't had a stroke and this happens constantly to me! :rofl:

Glad you're doing good... Be easy on yourself!

4 Likes

My intention was never to bash you. It is simply a fact that the driver is only half finished and will never get finished. So it's not a valuable option for me. Take care about you, that's more important than finished drivers.

1 Like

B.T.W., I integrated a Shelly TRV in home assistant, and it seems to work, but sometimes the valve does not close completely, and it continues to heat like hell. Bug in HA, the driver or the Shelly, who knows ?

Possibly just the valve itself. Take the Shelly TRV off and give the pin/actuator a good working. I had one recently do the same. Pushing the pin in manually was just not fully stopping the flow. With the TRV removed (a Honeywell HR92) I just lubricated the pin with plenty of WD40, then using a pipe wrench (with the jaws set wide between the bottom of the valve body and top of the pin) I continually pressed and released the actuator. It hasn't failed to fully close since.

I don't think so. The valve works perfectly with the Spirit TRV and the mecanical TRV.

1 Like

Fair enough. I would say that the actuator on the Shelly might not push the pin fully in on your valve but if it only happens sometimes that would be unusual.

3 years.

Flawless.

1 Like

Yes, I tried to place a small piece of plastic between the pin and the head of the Shelly, but then it shows an error. I also have set the extra force on and calibrated multiple times. It seems to work perfectly for hours, but then at some point the valve stays open. The weird thing is that, even setting heating to off, does not close it. It happens from time to time (once a month) that a spirit gets stuck (mainly the newer ones) but after taking out a battery and restarting it, it works again. This isn't an option for the Shelly, and the Shelly gets stuck after hours.

Have you talked to the shelly people about this???

1 Like

My daughter lives in Belgium. I'm going there to add some smart systems (you obviously know which one). In the meantime, she's installed a Buderus Logamax GB162 boiler (Buderus is now owned by Bosch). Next step? Add [compatible] TRVs.
Radiators are Radson brand (M28 and M30 heads)
@kkossev and others, what's your opinion on these? The SonOff, the Bosch (the second generation is now Zigbee 3.0), or others?
What will be the best TRV for Hubitat?

I have not found the best TRV yet, still searchingā€¦

Konnected, nodemcu, dht22, and one of these:

Summary

Actuator for underfloor Heating 230 V incl. Adapter VA10, Normally Closed, M30x1.5mm https://amzn.eu/d/0cPfHp01

Cost through the floor, reliability through the roof.

Bosch TRV seems very interesting- itā€™s specifications include everything that I am looking for :

1 Like

Unfortunately, this won't work with Hubitat because the lack of support for Zigbee install codes.

I opened a feature request about this a while back, but yeah... you know how staff responds to these these things: complete silence and you might get it in the release next week, or you might get it in 5 years :rofl:

1 Like

:cry:

Excluding the Bosch, next TRV that is full-featured and is not a cheap Tuya device is the POPP TRV : (it already has a custom driver for HE)

For a future reference : Danfoss Ally TRV working with remote temp sensor

@PPz the problem with the Sonoff TRVZB automatic reporting was resolved. These are very cheap compared to other (non-Tuya) TRVs, but the performance seems good enough for the price.

I just purchased one unit as a test. Will receive it (in Belgium) next week. I'll be able then to test the unit on my daughter's C-7
Thank you in advance !

1 Like