Eufy Doorbell integration using Alexa Routines

I am looking to replace my Arlo doorbell and have been looking at the Eufy. How is the Alexa integration working now. Can the Eufy motion be used in the Alexa integration? I notice the Eufy skill is not rated very high but if I can detect motion and the button being pressed that is really all I need to work.

they fixed it. it can be triggered on doorbell press, i haven't tested with motion, but from looking in the routines it can be triggered from motion (or no motion for X minutes)

1 Like

Just added my Eufy doorbell today. So far so good. The picture is much better than the Arlo.

The Alexa integration does allow me to trigger doorbell presses and motion in HE. I guess the question will be how reliable and fast it is.

Looks like the Eufy is going back. The few times the Camera detects motion it does not activate the Alexa routine. The picture is pretty good, but it is just not reliable.

AWS has been having issues the past few days, so could be related

I would give it some more leeway if it was just the Alexa skill not getting triggered. But either I have to set the motion detection on maximum and I get constant notifications, or I turn it down and it might catch 30 % of what it should.

So after my last post I played with the activity zone some more and since then it has been working pretty well, including the Echo skill. So I guess I will hang on to it.

1 Like

Have you been able to get the doorbell camera integrated into hubitat? (like into a dashboard)

It's integrated to HE thru the Alexa integration. Motion on the camera can trigger devices in HE, but no I have not got it working on a HE dashboard. Haven't tried to be honest. I just use the OEM apps for viewing video on my cameras

Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. The eufy dual cam doorbell is so much better than the Ring v2 I had but with the Ring I could get it into the dashboard (somewhat) I'll probably set up another camera on my porch...