Errors on Aeotec Siren 6 with 2.2.8.151

Yeah, I'm not getting an error from that. We need to sort out the device issue.

Problem found.. Fix coming

5 Likes

BTW, the first error you posted above IS a Rule 5.0 bug, identified and fixed. Fix coming.

3 Likes

Is the new hot fix going to be out today? I'm Going out of town tomorrow have to decide if I need to rollback or wait for the fix for my sirens

Should be today...

4 Likes
6 Likes

There still appears to be some strange behavior in the Siren 6 New driver even after the latest update. For example, the tamper state never goes back to clear after it is detected. No apparent errors in the log but it doesn’t revert.

LJ

I've had something like this for weeks.
One of the kids closes the front door too hard and the siren(actually doorbell 6) on the wall next to it gets jolted.
I have the tamper set to silent, but it blinks white for ever until I go in manually to stop it.

I think that may be a firmware fix though, I haven't been adventurous enough to update anything from what it shipped with.

I thought I should chime in here. 🤦

Our Siren 6 has been doing this weird thing where it's almost as if it falls asleep and gets stuck. No response randomly but then if I unplug it and push the button on the back it comes back. Very strange.

Edit
Just happened again. Got it responding again and less than 10 minutes later it's out again

I have had 2 of these completely fail on me now.. I won’t be buying another..

3 Likes

Ouch. That's a ridiculous failure rate.

2 Likes

I’m actually using an ecolink 700 series chime/siren now..

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/4000

3 Likes

Mine is still working but I don't have it doing anything important - will definitely keep an eye out.

My old Aeotec Gen5 siren is still working great. I like that it has custom chimes you can upload. Interestingly the earlier issues where the sounds would sometimes repeat seem to have gone away for the most part.

1 Like

Is it available for sale anywhere yet?

Not sure..

Yeah didn't see anything out there yet.

This is our 3rd. Where did you get that Ecolink from?

Engineering sample to write the driver.. :wink:.. I’m actually surprised it’s not out yet.. I’m sure it will be soon.. If I had to guess, chip shortage delays, based on how long the alliance listing has been up for it..

3 Likes

Please update your list. It's my go-to for new gear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated.. I'll have some more updates to the list soon..

2 Likes