Error when trying to create a rule

When I try to add an action to this rule (click the plus button, immediately to the left of "Create New Action"):

I get this:

With these logs:

What if you start over from scratch?

If I reboot the hub, its the same problem. If I delete the rule and start over I get to a few more screens but then the same problem happens.

Looks Iike you have a thermostat or Thermostat Controller insurance selected at some point in this rule, or it's trying to look at one for some reason. Something must be going on with that, maybe a Thermostat Controller with no thermostat selected or something? If you have to do anything like this before the error occurs, that may be helpful to figure it out.

1 Like

If I delete the rule, and start from scratch I can begin to add a second line to the rule posted above. This is the second line that I want to add:

If I select "HoneyWell: Main Hallway" then I immediately get:

And then I am stuck back in the loop shown in my original post.

I just install the new app called "Thermostat Schedulers" here it is:

I have the old app "Thermostat Scheduler" disabled but not removed:

I am on a C5 if that helps.

This might be a question for @bravenel then, but it looked like something related to that might be going on, so that is probably good information to know.

Another "popular" culprit for some errors is odd data under "Current States" on the thermostat's device detail page itself, though I don't see any evidence of that being a problem here (though I don't know what Thermostat Scheduler might be doing internally). It's possible you'll be asked to share that, as well. It may be good to check regardless.

2 Likes

There are some problems with this action in 2.3.3.134. Working on them now....

1 Like

No problem, I just disabled the new app (thermostat schedulers) and re-enabled the old app (thermostat scheduler). I will wait until it is fixed. Thanks.

Looks like it is fixed (2.3.3.135), thanks @bravenel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.