[EOL] SimpliSafe Alarm Integration

Hi, I am trying to get this integration to work but I seem to be missing something. I have the device running in Hubitat and got login verification through Simplisafe. Beyond that I get no status updates and the Hubitat device buttons do nothing. Is there a resource somewhere to find out more about how to set this up?

1 Like

Quick question - I am attempting to install the SmartApp (I assume it works in habitat?) so that I can sync the habitat hub with the SimpliSafe state (off/home/away). However, when I import the code I receive an error:

"No signature of method: Script1.input() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, Script1$_run_closure1$_closure6$_closure7) values: [[title:Send notifications to, required:false], recipients, contact, ...] Possible solutions: init(), inspect(), wait(), run(), run(), any() on line 40"

Totally new to Hubitat (Smartthings expat) so I could be doing something silly.

Thanks!

Looks like there are 2 versions of the app and drivers so

1. Are you installing the HE version under the Apps Code section
  2. Did you install the HE device driver under the Driver Code section

That SmartApp was written specifically for SmartThings and will not work with Hubitat (and no longer works with the new SmartThings update). If you want to sync state or use automated controls in Hubitat you can set leverage Rule Machine

Welcome to the community.

The following topic link is for the previous version of SimpliSafe DTH where you can find examples for how I, and others, use Rule Machine to sync/control SimpliSafe and Hubitat Safety Moinitor.

Ok I am trying to install the app code and when I click save, it gives me this message "Cannot get property 'input' on null object on line 20", and it won't save. Anyone know what's going on?

Line 20 is referencing your username. Can you try again after entering your credentials?

I'm getting a similar message, but line 19. Any advice?

Line 19 is part of the preference section. It sounds like you might not have copied the code completely from GitHub

Hmmm am I just doing it wrong? The device type --> hubitat for the driver code and the smartapps for the app code?

There is no smartapp for Hubitat, that was just for SmartThings. Hubitat only requires the driver code and you can leverage Rule Machine to automate actions against it

1 Like

I have it working now that when SimpliSafe is armed, it also changes the Hubitat to Armed Away. But I am not sure how to get it to also change the Hubitat mode of Armed Away when SimpliSafe is armed Home. There only seems to be two options with the device driver: everyone has left and someone has returned. I am trying to protect and outdoor shed so that the motion sensors will report motion when SimpliSafe is set to Home or Away.

Also, when SimpliSafe is set to off, I want the Hubitat to then be return to being controlled by the current mode and not sure how to do that action either.

Any help would be appreciated.

SimpliSafe sensor states are not part of this integration - only the main alarm status (armed/alarm/smoke/water) but not the individual sensors themselves.

I realize that, but I was asking about the alarm status....home, away and off.....Is there a way to get the SimpliSafe device in Hubitat to send Hubitat a "home" status so I can then trigger "armed away" in Hubitat? This is not related to any sensor on SimpliSafe...just the status.

8/25/2021

• Code optimizations, cleanup and configurable options

Thanks just did the update today. I did notice something in the auth response:

This authentication endpoint is deprecated and may no longer function after December 1, 2021.

My older version is showing the same message. I hope this doesn't mean that SimpliSafe is going to sunset this API. Here is a Github discussion on the issue where a couple of people are looking into it.

1 Like

Hello,

So I installed this driver. Now I am assuming I have to put my username and password in line 20 and 21? Although it seems there is multiple places I can enter it, I have tried a few times without success.. What indicates I have successfully made this work? Will the devices pop up for use in RM?

No, you do not have to modify the code at all. I would delete any modifications you have done and reimport the driver. What you need to do is create a new virtual device selecting the Simplisafe driver. Then in the preferences on the device page, you select which version you have and provide your login details.

//presents multiple subscriptions as (I only had two, probably just ,###### for more) [######,######]
tsid = tsid.minus('[').minus(']') //remove both brackets
state.subscriptionId = tsid.split(',')[0] //for my case, I'm just using the first one
//state.subscriptionId = tsid.substring(1, tsid.length() - 1)

Also changed
return "https://api.simplisafe.com/v1/users/$state.uid/subscriptions?activeOnly=false"
to
return "https://api.simplisafe.com/v1/users/$state.uid/subscriptions?activeOnly=true"
as I don't particularly need to show old deactivated accounts! (which brings me back to 1 subscription negating the need for the above fix anyway, oh well!)