Enerwave smart dual relay

I installed the enerwave smart dual relay Dual relay

and used the device driver from Eric Maycock Device Driver

Installed well and if I turn on1, the first relay turns on and if I turn on2 the second relay turns on, and off works as well. Yeah!!

My question is what do I use in simple lighting to let me separate the relays? I.e. what type of device should I use in the app to see them independently? Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Like

I'm assuming the driver hasn't split the relays into separate child devices? If that's the case, I guess you could set up a couple of Rules to mirror the relay states into virtual devices, and switch those in Simple Lighting.

Correct it shows in Hubitat as one device. I’ll try to figure out the rest of what you said.

Eric’s driver doesn’t make child devices. :frowning: It might not be too tough to add though.

Unfortunately that is beyond me. I started to go with the single relay as I don’t have a current need to control the 2nd stacked switch but since it was just a few more $’s for the double I bought it. If I can’t separate it I’ll unwire it I guess. Otherwise the driver works great.

1 Like

If the driver exposes "one" device, how are you controlling each relay independently ?
Thx

The single device has on1, on2, on, off1, off2, and off in the dashboard so you can turn them off and on there. Those don’t show up in the apps as far as I can tell so I thought maybe I should pick some device to turn off/on that would allow me to select them. Relay 1 is the primary one I wanted to control with IFTTT for a Roomba schedule. The 2nd relay is under counter lighting

thanks

1 Like

How did you add device(s) to dashboard to display the relays/state ?
Thx

I used the wrong term. That doesn't show in the hubitat dashboard. It only shows in the device detail. Sorry for any confusion.

I figured it out. To use relays, I added 2 virtual switches and 2 RMs that use custom cmds to control the 2 relays.
Thanks