Energy monitoring Z-Wave outlets

Aeotec's are still in the basement 'pile of stuff'. Been very happy with the Dome for energy monitoring. You are correct that I don't use webCore anymore but instead I wrote my own little app. :wink: The values are available to RM too but it was just more fun to work out my own solution.

Sorry to say I've never heard of the Haozee brand, so would have no idea.

1 Like

Got the Enerwave and the Zooz 15 and both of them work great when it comes to energy monitoring. I use both of them to detect if a TV is on. Yes I know, the Zooz is overkill for that but I had it lying around.

2 Likes

Thanks Bryan! How far you have come from that early post where you wrote that you didn’t know how to code, to now where you are cranking out such useful apps!

I realized afterward that the Dome, which I was looking at for use with our microwave, cannot handle the output which is 1639W. Appreciate the feedback though.

The Haozee as it turns out, are Neo Coolcam Power Plugs. So Same as Dome, with different firmware. No energy readings in HE with the Neo Coolcam devices.

1 Like

That’s three :+1:t2: for the Zen15. Ordered one to try. Thanks everyone! It meets the power draw requirements I have too.

That pretty pic was a good selling point too @asj :wink:

The Neo Coolcam certainly does report energy, power, volts, amps etc.

1 Like

Oh cool! Thanks for clarifying that point. I saw this post and it sounded like it would not. That's good info. I can get them for $34.29 CAD ($25.77 USD)

Which driver do you use with it to get the power reporting?

The built-in Neo Coolcam Power Plug

1 Like

The ZEN06 by Zooz also reports power. It also has power recovery availability.

1 Like

Thanks! The color based on power consumption is nice little added feature too.

Welcome. Zooz shows on their website that they have a newer version.

1 Like

“Wirelessly control floor lamps & small appliances (do NOT use with transformers, humidifiers, fans, and other motor loads”

Unfortunately this model wouldn’t fit my intended use cases, but it’s good to know what’s available and working for Energy and Power in HE

I use the Fibaro Wall Plug for my microwave.

I use it on my MB fan. It is a floor fan so not a lot of current. Been using it for years and hasn't had a problem. But that is a low load. Inrush current is very low.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m looking at the outlets to potentially use with a Microwave with 1660 W instant draw, and a 1500 W dishwasher.

@SmartHomePrimer I am sure you probably have seen this one and cringed at the price. But it is the only one I have seen that can handle that kind of power.

Here is info from Aeotec.

Actually, the Zooz ZEN15 is rated for 1800W

http://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/271-zen15-power-switch-specs/

@SmartHomePrimer Yep I have 2 of them. I use them to turn off the power to my garage door opener motors. It is just for when we would go on a trip I can remove power to the motors so the garage cannot be opened at all.

1 Like

I use this with my electric dryer for power off notification to Alexa TTS. Pricey, but it works reliably. Custom driver available in Community to monitor power.

Thanks for the reply. I use the HS-LS100+ as a vibration sensor and the HS Flex Sensor for temp. The 2 combined give a very accurate depiction of when the dryer has reached a spot to go fold the clothes before they wrinkle. I just need to get a more modern dryer that has a simple LED that shows on/off then I can use the HS-FS100+ like I use on the washer! :smiley: