Enbrighten Zigbee Dimmer, how to dim?

Purchased the Enbrighten Zigbee Dimmer, and connects with no issues to Hubitat, but I cannot get it to Dim my lights. Is there a special way of writing the automation. Normally you just set level, in program, but won’t dim lights. Turns on/off no issues.

Are the bulbs/fixture confirmed to be dimmable?

What driver (i.e. "Type" selection on the device's Details page) are you using for it?

As Hydro says, check your driver...it may have joined as a switch rather than as a dimmer, and/or the wrong driver may have been auto-selected. Also make sure you really got a dimmer and not a switch. :slight_smile:

Presumably this is one of the newer Z-Wave Plus dimmers, in which case you can use the built-in "Generic Z-Wave Plus Dimmer" driver:

If you have Hubitat Package Manager installed I recommend this community driver:

I am using the Homedepot 4 inch pot lights, and they say 1. Dimmable: compatible with most LED dimmer switches. As far as drivers, looks like it is using the GE Zigbee Dimmer.

Ah, a GE Zigbee dimmer, don't see those too much.

You should be able to hold the dimmer switch up or down and the lights should then dim. I assume that's not happnening. If you can turn them on/off w/the dimmer switch then it is controlling the lights.

Enable logging for the dimmer on the dimmer driver page, and then open the Live Logs page see what shows up there while holding the dimmer up or down for dimming.

Ok will try that tonight when I get home. I recall, I can only turn lights on and off, but if I hold up, or down, nothing happens. I just ordered 3 new Kasa Wi-Fi dimmable switches, if I cannot get these to work. I wanted zwave or zigbee though.

Is there a dimmable reliable light switch you would recommend, if I cannot get these to work with Hubitat?

GE Enbrighten Z-Wave-Plus Dimmer, Zooz dimmers, Inovelli dimmers, etc.

But the one you have should work, easier than getting/installing a new one.

I assume that before installing the GE smart switch that you had a dumb switch on the circuit that that worked to dim the lights? Have you confirmed they work w/a normal switch?

1 Like

No, this is all new install. In saying that, I can swap out for a manual dimmer switch and try.

That would be the frist thing that I'd do, make sure the lights work/dim generally. Then add in the smart switch.

1 Like

Try using the Generic zigbee dimmer driver (make sure to hit “configure” after switching drivers). I have one of these (but the plug-in dimmer) that I recently installed, but haven’t gotten around to playing with, and just noticed that it isn’t setting a level that is dimmer than the current setting from the off state when using the GE zigbee dimmer driver. So far it appears that the Generic driver works. This is with the Enbrighten 43096 @mike.maxwell

Thank you very much, that seem to work, but they don’t dim as low as I want them to dim. I will try what the other gentleman said last night, and switched out to a normal dimmer, and see if I can get the lights lower than what they are now. Even if I set the level one, it is not that.

I have had good luck with Philips led bulbs. I use the ones that say “warm glow effect” as the color temperature gets warmer when very dim. How dim they will get also seems to depend on how bright the light you’re using gets.
Edit: just realized you’re using retrofit can light. I would try swapping out the can lights with a different manufacturer if possible before swapping dimmers. The new ones may be different, but my older GE zigbee in wall dimmers all dim down very low with the led lights I use.