Enbrighten Z-Wave Dimmer Unresponsive

I'm at the point where I need to buy a stick - the one listed in this tutorial doesn't seem to be in stock. Would you recommend any particular brand/model? Will this suffice?

On a side note - I had the Zooz 4-in-1 sensor in my hub and saw a lot of posts about it disrupting a lot of meshes out there, so I removed that this morning and finally it seems like everything has settled down. Other than the one switch that's ghosted lol.

Thanks

1 Like

Probably a combination of both. The zooz stick is fine... I use one. You can reattach the 4-in-1 sensor with the zooz stick paired as a secondary controller without security and it will stop overwhelming the mesh. S0 with that device is a pain as it is overly chatty,

3 Likes

I don't have a strong recommendation as I've only used the one I have from Sillabs.

That Zooz stick is fine, used by many UZB Cowboys here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it worth keeping the stick online permanently in order to keep that sensor or just change the sensor?

You'll attach it to the HE hub using the Z-stick and then you can remove (really should say "exclude" as @672southmain clarified below) your Z-stick and the sensor will keep working on your HE hub...that's how secondary controllers do their magic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh. Thank you. Learning a lot this week! Just ordered it.

2 Likes

Where "remove" means "exclude".

4 Likes

Z-stick arrives tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes - appreciate all of your help.

1 Like

Go slow and don't hesitate to ask questions and follow the guide!

1 Like

Will do. I took that Sensor out and feel like everything has been pretty stable now, other than the ghost. I still haven't added the other devices back in that I removed last week, so I'll work on this first.

2 Likes

I just wanted to follow-up here and say that I followed the guide with the USB Stick and removed the ghost no issues. I left the mesh to settle down a few days and added it back and 2 days later everything looks good again.

I still haven't re-added that motion sensor, but I am going to do so using the stick as suggested and leaving it in that way and see how it goes.

Thanks to all of you that pointed me in the right direction on this one. Much appreciated!

1 Like

I have a dumb question for you. I finally sat down to add the sensor back in today. I have to re-add the USB stick to my hub first right? Then I use the PC Controller Software to add the sensor in? The HE will then see it and I remove the USB stick?

I think I got it! lol

1 Like