Enabling HSM monitoring of smoke and water

I have created a Rule Machine app that disarms HSM monitoring. It uses "disarm all" to disarm monitoring for intrusion, smoke, water, and temperature extremes (my two custom rules).

Now I am trying to create an app to restore HSM to its normal (for me) state: monitoring smoke, water, and temperature extremes. So far, it uses "arm all HSM rules" to enable my custom rules. But I can't find anything to enable monitoring for smoke and water.

I do see an "Arm All" button when I click on the HSM Status widget in one of my dashboards.

Thank you for your help,
Bob

You can make custom monitoring rules with a name of your choosing.

I've already created two custom monitoring rules. My problem is that I don't know how to create an action that will enable smoke and water monitoring.

How are you doing this now? You can do this from dashboard, from the admin UI, or based on some other trigger on the hub. Can you explain how you want to access the feature?

I want to set up a button that will return HSM to the state I consider normal, which means my custom rules are enabled and Smoke/Water is armed. I have created:
a virtual button
a Rule Machine app triggered when the button is pushed

So far, my app can use HSM Arm All Rules to enable my custom rules. I see no way for my app to enable HSM Smoke/Water.

@bobzmu Use Rule Machine.

Looks like an oversight that the capability to arm a specific HSM rule wasn't included in Basic Rules @bravenel

When I try to do that, the "Select HSM Custom Rule To Arm" shows my custom rules, but not "Smoke And Water".

That's my custom name I created as an example. Your hub will show only the custom rules you create.

Please show me your custom rule to arm smoke and water monitoring

This example has the name, but I cannot actually show you the smoke detectors on my system. I do not have my smoke detectors integrated with HSM and I wouldn't ever want to disarm a smoke detector for that matter.

This is done by using Disarm from RM, if you've already done a Disarm All. There should probably be an entry in the list for Arm Smoke and Water, but if there was, what it would do is send a Disarm command.

I already do a Disarm All, and it disarms monitoring for intrusion, smoke/water, and my custom rules. I see no arm all in any list for rule apps.

Disarm will arm Smoke, Water, and Custom Rules.

1 Like

Burnt toast is a reason to disarm smoke monitoring. Also, I want one button to disarm whatever is causing an alarm, so i don't have to think; and I have that. But I also want one button to reset the system back to normal.

Disarm did, indeed, arm smoke/water. Just what I needed. Thank you.

1 Like

I found a bug. That should re-arm the Custom Rules, but doesn't. Fix coming...

2 Likes

I noticed that bug fix in the list of changes for the update that showed up the next day.

Unfortunately, this behavior for "disarm" and the absence of an "arm" command makes it hard for me to set up my new keypad the way I would like. See my "Xfinity Kypad B Button" thread.