Emulated Hue on HE possible?

I have a Harmony Hub with Companion remote and have used various methods over time to link the Home Control buttons on it to Hubitat devices. I have used a modded version of Dan's @ogiewon community Harmony driver and am currently running an emulated Hue on Home Assistant on a Pi. But to then link that back to Hubitat devices I have to use the MQTT alpha so it is a bit convoluted. It does work fine, but it would be a lot simpler if there was some way to run a Hue Emulator app directly on Hubitat.

So, I know the Harmony Hub will find and work on an emulated Hue system as it finds the one from Home Assistant, and I know Hubitat can create some sort of emulated Hue as it used to for the Amazon Echo app, so it feels like it should be possible to get a proper emulated Hue on Hubitat.

Anyone with better coding skills than me (that's 99% of you!) fancy a challenge?

I'm very willing to test and provide any info needed from the HA Hue Emulator etc.

Just a guess - but I imagine the Amazon Echo App (not the Skill) functions by acting as a Hue emulator.

Wouldn't hurt to try it ....

Edit - nope didn't work. Sorry.

When searching on this I read that the Echo app Hue emulation isn't discoverable apparently.

1 Like

Yeah - found that out by trying to discover it from another Hubitat.

Wonder how Alexa finds it?

Interestingly, Hubitat itself can't discover the emulated Hue running on my HA system, even though Harmony can.

Interesting. A while back I was running HAbridge, and I know I got Hubitat to discover devices exported as Hue bulbs by HAbridge.

That's how I got "eject" and "mute" switches into HE at the time.