Else-if controls

That looks good but let me throw a couple of suggestions your way. Both the IF and ELSE-IF include the conditions Time between Sunrise and Sunset AND It's Dark switch off. You could make those Required Expressions (rule will only trigger when those are true) and simplify your conditional logic to only look at the sun azimuth angle. You could also make an IF-THEN statement as the very first action and if either of those conditions are true, the rule would Exit. Again, there are many ways to right a rule that gets the same results and these are just suggestions.

So if I have already added an if statement, and go back to add an else if (not else) later how do I get the option for else if. I can only add if or else in this Case, no else if option is shown.. I never had this problem on previous rule machine. Am I just over looking it?

I want to emphasise this is going back to edit/add, rather than doing the statement in one attempt.

Ok so I have found you have to click the + symbol on a line inside the if statement, then else if is shown. By adding a line at the bottom of the rule the else if isn't shown. I usually add new lines and then move them up with the arrows but that doesn't give you the else if option.

On another note , I hadn't used/realised the + symbol before to add new code at certain locations. Here I was thinking the dropping of the insert before drop down box the old rule machine had was gone, and thought that was odd to drop a handy feature... But it was staring me in the face with the + symbol.

2 Likes

Yes, I also have had a problem not understanding the syntax but understanding how to generate the IF-THEN-ELSE in the grid.

This is not documented anywhere nor on the videos.

10 year vera user here. not a novice.

Its really disappointing.

Check out how REACTOR does it. Used in in Vera and thinking of using it here since it runs off machine and doesn't tax the CPU (I have a C7 and C8) that are being used to replace a Veraplus and Openluup on a VM..

The documentation should be clearer on how to actually write the syntax in the action area.

:no_mouth:

Just made a bunch of complex rules.

It seems that neither I nor the OP are idiots.

Documentation/examples that are inadequate can really make or break your product.

Suggest better demo vid or explanation.