Elevation C8 Stopped Working After Power Outage

I am having trouble with my Elevation C-8 since a power outage at our house. I bought it about 5 months ago although it has only been in service for around a month.

Platform version is 2.3.6.144

Since the outage, I have only managed rare and sporadic connections with the hub through the Android app. I can sometimes find it through the Search. This does not work all the time, but when the hub is found, it usually then goes to a 404 Not Found page.

I found some forum posts indicating that a soft reset might help, but I cannot get to the Hub Diagnostic page. I get a “This site can’t be reached” page.

From my PC, I can find the device if I go through the getstarted page. But clicking on the device it finds takes me to a 404 Not Found page.

If I simply go to the IP address I had assigned before (it is assigned a static address in my router), I get a 404 Not Found page.

Trying my IP address from my PC with :8081 results in “unable to connect”

I have tried the following:

• New network cable
  • Plugging the device directly into my router (Asus AX82U)
  • After plugging it back into its original port on a MicroTik Switch, I tried turning off auto negotiation on that port and limiting the speed to 100 MBs
  • I changed the USB power adapter
  • I unplugged the hub power and ethernet for 15 minutes

At this point I am stuck. Can you suggest some further steps I can try to get it operational again?

Try a Network reset.

Hold the button shown in the docs for 7 seconds then let go. LED will blink and hub reboots.

Found the problem. A rogue IoT device on the network causing a conflict. Doh!

3 Likes