Elevation C7: Possible faulty z-wave radio?

I live in Panama and we use US equipment.

What is the specs on the antenna? Even if they list a single frequency there is usually a hill shape of other frequencies they also pickup.

I bought it on Amazon, it came from China, and of course, there is a little information as possible. Both have the same description, I just checked:

Frequency:868MHZ/900MHZ/915MHZ(GSM 824-960Mhz )
Connector: SMA male
Gain:2dBi
VSWR:1.5
Polarization: vertical
Direction:OMNI
Impedance:50 Ω

As you commented, the ideal would be to have one in the correct frequency, in my case 908.4MHz, but I have searched Amazon, e-Bay, Alibaba and can not find it. If you know of someone who manufactures and can recommend thank you.

Anyway, after already 12 hours the difference is impressive, I could make a movie, all my problems in the last two months of devices failing, slow reaction, send light 7 lamps together and always some fail, press an icon on the dashboard and nothing happens. I did some tests now, and nothing failed. Also, the reaction of the devices is much faster.

Another point that you commented, direct devices on the HE, before I started there were about 15, now there are 34 of 64 and I believe based on your experience the network will stabilize and I should increase this number.

@lewis.heidrick @ritchierich @neonturbo

I want to thank you all for all the information, tips, great support.

6 Likes

I don't want to necro this thread, but I can see its grown in size and has an assorted number of valuable insights listed, but I can now report that my z-wave network is more or less rock solid with both wired (~100+ z-wave, z-wave+) and battery powered devices (30+).

As suspected, this was a problem with the zwave radio firmware, and the symptoms were captured perfectly. The send stack on the zwave radio became unresponsive, and as a result, all devices in the mesh effectively DDOS the hub attempting to report their status.

The fix was going over to the newer z-wave firmware that was packaged as part of 2.3.1 update. No further change was necessary to alleviate the problem.

7 Likes