Elevated and Severe Hub Loads with v2.3.4

I turned off homekit and it made no difference to memory use on my primary c7. I find I get best performance from both hubs above 250k on 2.3.4. Previous versions ran fine down to 200k for me.

My secondary hub doesn’t have the memory drain issue, but it doesn’t have active radios and only runs my 3rd party cloud and lan integrations.

Where do.u turn.off homekit?

Ya i never added it. So there is no entry to disable it.

1 Like

After you add the app you have to enable it, so yours would be disabled by default.

I've not seen any of these load problems picked up in the Known Issues posts as yet, so I'm tagging it here in the hope it'll get some visibility.

@gopher.ny - you appear to be the official in the thread here! :slight_smile: Do you know if any of this is being investigated? I offered to provide any required info above, but heard nothing and the lockups were causing "domestic issues", so I had to revert to the previous version.

My hubs are all back to loads around 0.1 - 0.3 or below now I've reverted to 2.3.3.140. I do use Hub Mesh and run with the Z-Wave radio disabled.

@gopher.ny well my C3 hub has been running fine for a day and a half on firmware 2.3.4.119 and no lock ups.
I disabled zigbee and put the Zwave stick back in (Zwave still disabled in settings)

thanks for the help.

1 Like

I've been getting this elevated and severe load messages on and off over the past few weeks but under device and app stats, nothing stands out as extreme.

For about the same time I thought I was losing my mind with certain automation getting missed, lights not turning on or off, etc. Typically I'll reboot the hub and all seems fine again.

What are you guys using to display database size, memory, etc on the dashboard?

I was using "hub info driver" but it was constantly at the top of my devices list so I nixxed it thinking it was a problem.

Probably what most people are using. If you’re seeing an issue with it, deleting and reinstalling the code before using it again may clear that up. So many people are using it that if there was a bug, it probably would have been reported and fixed. If your issue (elevated or severe load) is persistent, you should probably see if @gopher.ny can take a look at your hub.

2 Likes

Right, please PM me the hub id if you want me to check the engineering logs on it. Most of the time it has some clues to what's going on.

1 Like

Just a note I went back to 2.3.3.140 after loading 2.3.4.120 and 2.3.4.122. I had issues with my Shelly's and IP Web Queries to my IP devices. Everything seem to slow down or misfire and on 2.3.4 I had a complete timeout for the web gui. Had to hard reset the box. Didn't have time to troubleshoot, wife got mad.

2 Likes

So what's the consensus here? I see a bunch of threads on this but no apparent solution after scrolling through many pages.

Should I just wait for (a hopefully soon) update that fixes this?

Best to raise a support request or remind the developers about it on here. I’ve had to revert to 2.3.3.140 and can’t upgrade until whatever it is has been resolved, but I’ve not seen anything related in the release notes.

Clearly there’s a bug with some particular configurations, but who knows what we have in common, or even if it’s as straightforward as that. When I get a little time I’ll post a bit more about my setup (which is back to behaving perfectly on 2.3.3).

1 Like

If someone has similar issues on latest firmware (2.3.4.127 as of time of writing), please post here or PM me. I've done some internal tweaks and would like to confirm whether the issue still persists.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking in to this, I would try updating one of the hubs and testing this, but I'm not able to do so at the moment. Should be okay to try in a couple of weeks if nobody else has given it a whirl.

1 Like

I’m not getting elevated loads, however my primary hub is still dropping below 250k memory free after only about 24 hours.

If I let it get below 220k, all rules etc start failing to run on time etc.

Mine still dop down to below 200 and everything runs ok..so it is not just a memory issue.

Im running into severe load also with no real changes to my setup. Is a fix on the way.

I dowgraded mine to 2.3.3.140 which solved the overload issue but now having this problem again Predicate condition is true but system think's it's false - #19 by makirules

Sighhh

Urgh, is this hub overload problem still a thing for people?